cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of contract and forgot password

caitlinh
Joining in

Hi everyone,

My contract ends 15th July 2021, I rang up to end the broadband contract on this date last month and this was confirmed on the phone and the lady closed my account. I was sent the pre paid parcel to send the wifi box back (which I am going to do tomorrow). However I didn't get an email confirmation, so today I rang up virgin media to confirm it was closed, but I have forgotten my security password, the man on the phone couldn't confirm my identity because I cancelled my direct debit, but did say that the only thing he could confirm that the account was definitely closed. However when I looked at my account on the app, there was a bill for the amount which would've been the new contract price. I am very confused by this and can't get any information on the phone as I dont know my password. Is there anything I can do? It has been confirmed TWICE that the account is closed, so why have I got a bill?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi caitlinh,

Your final bill probably hasn't been produced yet.

Hopefully this will shed some light on how the final billing works.

When you cancel by  giving the 30 days notice period your are billed up until the date of disconnection, in your case 15th July.

In this time if another bill has been produced before your disconnection date it will show that your are going to be charged for the month going forward. 

Once your disconnection goes through any advance charges on your account will be refunded back to you and you will receive a final revised bill with the correct amount owed.

If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund 45 days after disconnection.

As to your telephone password. VM have recently changed their DPA process as they used to send password reminder letters if requested.

If you call VM on your VM landline by dialling 150 then they should be able to reset your password over the phone, and give you the info you want.

By using the VM landline they should be able to ask you to confirm the serial numbers of your equipment as a way to reset your password.

Hopefully a member of the Forum Team can pick this up for you, however it may take a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @caitlinh,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post this here.

I'm really sorry that you haven't been able to get the confirmation that you need about your disconnecting account.

I have tried to find your account via your community profile and haven't been able to do so, I will need to send over a private message, so that we can confirm your details and look into your account.

I will drop the private message over in a moment.

Regards,

Steven_L