Menu
Avy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation fees

Hi I've had virgin media near 20 years off and on.. I changed my adress on the 23rd of June, unfortunately for me there's no virgin media in my area. I payed virgin media £180 for breaking my contract. I rang virgin and complained as the street around the corner of my new adress has virgin. I asked if its coming to my street? "Most definitely not madam". Then the 2nd week of August virgin media puts a card through my door.... There's virgin media in my street!!! I been told they done the ground work in early May, so they knew all the time virgin was there, just another way of making money. Feeling very annoyed. Thinking of taking it further. Advise???? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancellation fees

doubt could take this further, since if service was active in the street you moved to wouldn't be a EDF (Early Disconnect Fee), cant speak for the agent one possible is they got miss-informed, since even when the cabling is done on the street, still a massive amount of work required behind the scenes, some streets have been cabled but never wired up to the main network since isn't cost effective.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation fees

'Thinking of taking it further. Advise????'

i don't think the ombudsman would side with you. at the time of moving there was no active virgin in your street. that is what they will look at. the edf would have been correctly applied because you broke the contract and there was no active virgin line in your new street. whether or not virgin is up and running later be it a month or several months later would be irrelevant.

if the agent said there was no virgin in your new street, then, within a reasonable time period everything was up and running in your new street (ie a couple of weeks), then you would have more of a case. as it stands you could make a complaint and hope.

0 Kudos