cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation before Cooling period confirmed but not acted

adam_VM22
Joining in

Hello All,

just want to share an unending nightmare (complaint no: C-271122254).

I subscribed to Broadband plan night of October 11th for a new house I was about to move to. Immediately I realised that I shouldn’t have done that (for reasons I don’t detail here), so I seeked a way to cancel my order. The nightmare already started there… impossible to have a talk with someone as you need to pass the security checks with account information I dont have… then spent hours / days on the Chat, Whatsapp then the phone (I spent 70€ calling from France)… I spend 40min waiting on the phone everytime and they sending me from one person to another … and once I have confirmation they understood the request and they will take action … they just hang up …. And I start over again. (All of them seem to be based in India).

Finally after 6 days doing the same thing, hours, 1 gentle guy finally accepted to go forward with my request and cancelled my order. And I received email confirmation 17 October from virginmedia@virginmedia.co.uk with this text:

« Hello,
We’re sorry to hear that you don’t want to receive your Virgin Media services anymore. We’ve cancelled your order and no payment will be taken.
If you made an advance payment on your credit card, this will be refunded. If you paid in a Virgin Media store, you’ll need to pop back to that store for your refund.
Kind regards,
The Virgin Media team

V.100 »

1 mon later, on November 24th, I see a bill coming (90.98€). As if I was still an active customer. And I check my Credit Score account and I see VM listed there! The shock! What is this!

The same nightmare started again… and customer service makes me repeat answers to tenths of questions, hundreds of times… for weeks this time not anymore for days.

The bottom line is: they sent me the Cancellation Confirmation only so that I stop contacting them… they didn’t act the cancellation in the system. (they are not willing at all to cancel contract). They know that once 14 days cooling period finished they can claim cancellation fees … so either you pay them either you will stay with them (the fees are so higher that it is a good smart reasoning from them… unhappy customer… but at least a Customer).

moreover I never received the equipment (I wasn’t in the address anymore)… when they said they did send them, I investigated in my neighbourhood and apparently they left in from of the door of a neighbour because I wasn’t home… and the equipment stayed with him never opened until today!

Customer service finally understood what happened… hallelujah. And apparently they cancelled the contract now. And they were sending someone to my neighbour to pick up the equipment. But:

1-none came to get the equipment… nor call me 1 hour before going to the neighbour’s house, as was planned.

2-They told me once done that I will pay cancellation fees between 230£ and 300£, In addition to the first bill of 90.98£ … (knowing that the monthly price was 31£/month, that is 1 year service… that I never used!). Very smart VM!

So at this exact moment 2 months after cancellation… I am fed up! And I am at point 0!

This was my first experience with a service provider in the UK! Really not the best image for this country that seemed rather civilised and developed on the paper…

Comptete disappointment !
If I end up having to pay anything or see any negative impact on me… I will suggest this topic to a YouTuber (I have all records)… hopefully such videos can help other people understand what might happen to them with VM!
I should’ve read the thous of complaints available online before I clicked Order! It’s a well built trape. A dishonest way of earning money !

C4FD2B0A-38BB-46C4-A168-3883375BC429.jpeg

5CE03966-33C0-4418-AF27-7F1125171EC6.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2

adam_VM22
Joining in

I will publish this everywhere I can.

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @adam_VM22, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you have had a difficult time with getting this issue resolved, I can certainly see why you would be frustrated with this. I will be happy to assist with getting this matter resolved for you.

So this can be done, I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules