cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation Confirmation

Djs1986
Joining in

I called to cancel my broadband and phone last week. Despite asking for and being told I would receive an email I have no written confirmation that my cancellation is in place. As i will be soon charged for my nee service I'd like to know Virgin Media are cancelling my contract.

How can I get this confirmation without sitting on the phone for another half hour?

In 2019 I'd have hoped the process would be abit more informative for customers. 

Thanks to anyone that can help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shafreya
Alessandro Volta

Log in to your myvirginmedia and check your my orders part. It can show up in there.

failing that just wait a bit for the forum team to get to this thread to confirm with you.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Shafreya
Alessandro Volta

Log in to your myvirginmedia and check your my orders part. It can show up in there.

failing that just wait a bit for the forum team to get to this thread to confirm with you.

Thanks, it was showing in my orders for 1 day on the app then disappeared which concerns me more, as surely it should stay there. I just can't believe how bad the communications are for a digital media company. 

Let me just confirm this because I am in the same boat.....

My Orders and Appointments
Order Ref: 2476xxxx
Order date: 12/09/19
Services Ordered

Broadband

Thursday 12 September

This is it telling me I'll be ceasing my service from Virgin Broadband on 12th September? Is that correct?

Similar to what I have. Why on earth would they not just setup an auto email to confirm cancellation like any other reputable company? 

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Djs1986,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to our community, I am really sad to hear that you are leaving us.

In regards to a confirmation email I am not sure why you didn't receive this.

I will be more than happy to look into this for you, I will send you a private chat request, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

Can someone from the forum team please confirm I can cancel my direct debit for virgin media on the day of disconnection? 

(Don't want to end up with bank charges too, in future if/when they decide to take anymore money from me regardless of whether I've left or not.)

Hi misterbuggerlug,

Sorry to hear that you're leaving us.

We would advise that you don't cancel your direct debit on the day of disconnection as once the disconnection on the account has completed, a final bill will be sent to you within 5 to 7 working days of disconnection. 

Regards,

Lisa

Hi can someone shed some light o this subject: I started planning the termination of my virgin media account 2 and half months ago. The reason for this is I looked on the forums and internet and can see that they do not want  you leave without putting obstacles’ in your way.

My equipment has been returned well over a month now.

Today 16th April is the day my contract ended. So I phoned call centre saying that I want to close my account today and settle up the final payment with a credit card payment. This was worked out to be £11.19 which I accepted.

My standing order was due on 20th April which I cancelled after the settling the final payment with credit card.

Looking on my virgin media account later my account shows cr £11.19

And a few hours later I see another charge cr £5.73 which has been taken from my credit card without notification or acceptance. (Is this normal practice)

The call centre is very busy I have phoned up 6 times lately trying to finalise the last payment.

I was asked for my account to be closed today. It still remains open as I can still login to my account.

What I trying to say I would like my account erased as I am NEVER COMING BACK.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks for getting in touch with us andychip.

Please can you send a message to our team on 0753 305 1809 they can look at this for you and arrange for your account to be disconnected as soon as possible.

Regards

Steven_L