cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelation help in "my-virginmedia" account

richjs
Joining in

Hello all. Hoping for a little advice.
I'll try to keep this short. I called Virgin to ask for a new deal as my contract was up by the end of February. After being on hold for 1 1/2 hours I finally got through. I asked to have TV removed. After being on hold yet again the lady came back to me with a "good deal" that removed tv and increased my bill by £5.
Cancel says I.
Got a call a few days later. Offering to sort it out and offered a deal I acceped. Few days later and my account shows the new contract but not for what I agreed, It had been increased.
Called back and said I was done with Virgin and to cancel everything.
I got an email "sorry you're leaving...." from VM disconections.
My question is should I see anything in my virginmedia account. It just shows the deal I was put onto for the incorrect amount but nothing about leaving. Should I have been told about dates or what to to with the hardware. It's all very confusing.
Been with VM since they changed from Telewest so a bit sad that it's come to this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi richjs,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you are leaving due to an offered price not being added, the last thing we ever want is to lose a valued customer especially after so may Years, so I can look into this and make sure everything has been added correctly, I will invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept once received.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi richjs,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you are leaving due to an offered price not being added, the last thing we ever want is to lose a valued customer especially after so may Years, so I can look into this and make sure everything has been added correctly, I will invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept once received.

Regards

Paul.

Just to close this down.
Thanks very much to Paul for checking the disconnection is actually happening and telling me what to expect re. sending equipment back.
I spent a very long time on hold to retentions up until today but thanks to a little piece of advice in another thread it was sorted very quickly.

Ring retentions at 8am. I got through in just a few minutes and spoke to somone who knew what they were talking about.
Up until today I was thinking "Virginmedia, a communications company that doesn't communicate"

Hi richjs,

I am glad I was able to help you, sorry for the inconvenience trying to get this resolved, if you do have any further issues or just a question, please do not hesitate to reach back out?

Regards

Paul.