cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel my virgin account

Annlid60
Joining in

Hi 

hope someone can help I have cancelled my virgin media tv broadband which comes to an end on the 8th Jan  was not a problem to do over the phone , a couple days later I received a call from virgin and was set up with broadband only to start on the 8th I changed my mind within the 14 days cool off period and have since on quite a few occasions have contacted virgin by phone and chat to either change or cancel my new package no one was able to help me last conversation I had I was told someone from the team who set up the new package would call to help I have not received  a call back ! 
I was also at one point told the new account was cancelled but I have not received a email conformation confirming that 

15 REPLIES 15

Annlid60
Joining in

Is there any other way of contacting virgin other than phone or chat as my problem is not being resolved 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Annlid60, thank you for reaching out on our help forum about this issue.
A warm welcome to our community page! 🙂

We're sorry to hear about the problems faced with cancelling your new contract and account, this needs to be addressed to our cancellations team as we're unable to process a cancellation from this end unfortunately.

Please, visit this page here for more on our cancellation process and how to contact our team about this.
Let us know if this helps, we're happy to advise further should you need more info.

Do tell us how you get on with this too, we'd be glad to know it's sorted.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you Adri 

but I have followed all of that information on many occasions and I have been told they can not help me I was hoping for a other contact number or email .

I feel the only option open to me now is to disconnect  stop any payments and write to  the ombudsman such a shame not the route I want to take but it seems there is no one can or willing to help with a simple issue . 

but many thanks for your reply 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the reply back, Annlid60. 
We're sorry to hear of what happened and how you feel, do you mean you've spoken to our cancellations earlier and they've refused to cancel your services upon your request, just to make sure we got this right?

Cancellations requests go through our dedicated team so you'd need to speak with them directly in order to cancel the services in this instance.
Our forum team is unable to process a cancellation for a customer, hence our prompt to reach out to our retentions department.

You may notice amongst others on the link we posted above that you may as well use the postal method to submit a cancellation in case other methods fail.
(if you do this, please make sure you post your letter with tracking and proof of delivery so we can confirm the delivery where needed - we will take the post-out date as a starting point for your 30 days notice until the service is cancelled)

Please, lastly allow us to kindly explain our bills come out automatically and our systems will keep billing you for as long as your service is active - switching off your equipment or stopping your payments will not be equal to cancelling and could potentially cause billing problems on top of that, so we'd advise to get in touch and sort this out to avoid further frustration.

In regard to our complaints process, please have a read here for more details and what steps can be followed if you wish to raise a case or address this to an independent adjudicator.

Glad to be of help, let us know if you have more questions or concerns about the above.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good evening 

I have had a package with virgin for 18 months as with a lot of people in today’s climate we are struggling to afford the package we had so after a 18 month contract we decided to cancel , this seemed to go through fine I received a phone call from retentions who changed my account to a less expensive broadband only I received emails to confirm the change ,                                                                   we then decided that this was not what we wanted and this is why I have been contacting virgin from the 17th December to either cancel or add tv , I have talked on line to agents and telephoned on numerous occasions I have been told by every agent bar one that they could not help the last agent was contacting retentions to call me yet I have not received a call . So this is why I sadly will have to take other action .

regards 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Annlid60,

Thanks for clarifying that. Our teams can add a TV Service to your package, but they may require a re-contract of your services.

Unfortunately, it's not something we can check from here and we'd recommend calling 0345 454 1111, and then selecting Option 4 - Option 1 to get through to the right people who can help with this.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thank you reece 

This is what I did first time I called So have already tried  this but I will give it one last try in the morning before I contact the ombudsman .

really do appreciate that you have tried to help 

Kind regards 

Hi @Annlid60,

I do apologise. May I ask what the team have advised on this exactly? When you last spoke to them, did they explain why they are unable to process your cancellation request?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Good morning

they could not explain why they could not do it , I was told the person who I spoke to at retentions was the person I needed to speak with he tried to put me through to their extension but was unable to do that , and I was told he would contact that department to contact myself that was 4 days ago .

Every chat / phone call has virtually  been the same .