cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel contract

AnaAna
Just joined
  • Hi!

How can I cancel broadband contract if nobody answer the phone for the past 2 days?I've tried several times per day .It is too late to do this via post,I have time until Friday

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

This is the new normal for VM.  This may explain the most practical option, although I believe the forum staff are temporarily trying to sort out the cancellations mess (don't let that stop you complaining to Ofcom though).

Now, it is possible they don't get round to sorting your cancellation out, but no matter.  If you send a postal cancellation notice, get proof of posting, because so long as the letter is posted within the 14 days, it is regarded as a valid cooling off cancellation.  I'm not sure if VM's staff will see it that way because the company's understanding and compliance with both Ofcom regulations and the law are often very iffy, but consumer protection law definitely does see it that way.  Read if you wish section 32 paras 5 and 6 of The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can give your disconnection notice by post anytime (early termination fees aside), and the 30days will start counting from - I think - the day after your letter is received.

What's the significance of Friday?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks