cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel contract virgin are not answering phone

Kellq
Tuning in

I have been calling virgin media all day today and after approx 1 hour on hold each time the line goes dead and cuts me off, today is 30 days until my contract renewal and I would like to talk to someone about cancelling, I didn't have any issues when I called a few days ago but was too early to cancel without penalties, so I only have today before you charge me extra and funnily enough no-one is answering your phone's!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kellq wrote:

Hi, thank you for your help, I  conerned that I will end up in another contract I can't get out of, how do I get around this?

Once you're outside your minimum contractual term, then you're on a rolling 30day notice contract with no minimum term - as a matter of course.

There's a popular misconception that these contracts "end" and "need to be renewed", which is not the case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

23 REPLIES 23

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Kellq 

The phone lines and other contact methods are extremely busy at present, mainly due to the impending price increase emails.

VM have had systems issues for the past 2 days  which means the IVR isn't transferring calls correctly and agents have also been unable to connect to certain systems.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kellq
Tuning in

Hi, thank you for your help, I  conerned that I will end up in another contract I can't get out of, how do I get around this?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Kellq 

You can cancel at any time. You do need to give 30 days notice though, even when your discounts end.

When you are in your last 30 days VM tend to offer better retention deals so you may be able to negotiate a good deal for yourself or just go ahead with teh cancellation request.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kellq wrote:

Once you're outside your minimum contractual term, then you're on a rolling 30day notice contract with no minimum term - as a matter of course.

There's a popular misconception that these contracts "end" and "need to be renewed", which is not the case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Kellq, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you've been having difficulty getting through to the team. 

As mentioned by our VIP's above, we have been having some system issues the last few days meaning we've been unable to access accounts at times. We're not able to help with package changes or disconnections via the Forum though so I would advise getting in touch. You can find and access all of our available contact options, including live chat, here.

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

sharpace107
Tuning in

Me too. I bet if we stopped paying someone would contact us. Customer services are a bad joke.

I agree, impossible task. I have tried at least 6 times again yesterday, on hold for 1hour and 2 mins each time only for line to go dead and cut me off!

Customer services are beyond shocking, in a 21st century where you can supposedly provide superfast broadband and yet you struggle to staff your phone lines effectively........

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If you want to renegotiate, then you need to do that by phone.  If you just want to cancel, then at the moment it seems the fastest and most reliable way is doing it by post.  Make sure you use a service that has proof of delivery, allow for delivery time and the 30 days notice, ideally specify an end date for your services.

If you would be willing to take an outbound customer retention call from VM then provide a contact number (don't rely on this call coming, though), if you would not wish to have any further dealings then state that you do not wish to have any further contact by telephone.

IMVISH
Joining in

I am trying to do same for last 3 days.