cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel and my partner join as new customer

silentg1971
Dialled in

my contract is coming to an end and since virgin have zero interest in giving me better deal after 20 years plus with them .

I am rarely at home anyway with work but if my partner wants virgin services and pays for it herself, can she get the new customer deals

230 REPLIES 230

Called them up, got told by cancellations team that because number was originally a BT number ported to VM they couldn't keep it but pre install team can clarify. They said after the number disconnects (today) I can call tomorrow to activate my services and ask to keep the number, we'll see!

The lady from cancellations couldn't believe I managed to get my partner's line ceased within 4 days instead of the usual 30 days. All these things can be done it's just speaking to the right person.

Hahaha well done! Exactly what I’m telling people, the usual drones at VM don’t know what they’re talking about, and the things around the notice periods really irritates me when they just keep regurgitating it. 

hope all goes smoothly 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
you can cancel an acocunt at any point but you still have to pay the 30 days notice.

So you can call up now cancel today but you will still be paying for the next 30 days.
Done this before with a lot of companies when people move out last minute so the next person can;t rack up a massive bill for the people moving out

@BFULLER1 wrote:

Hahaha well done! Exactly what I’m telling people, the usual drones at VM don’t know what they’re talking about, and the things around the notice periods really irritates me when they just keep regurgitating it. 

hope all goes smoothly 🙂

Drones, good word for them, the ones that read off a script and can't or won't deviate and then when you ask them a question they just repeat it all back, it does my head in.

Cheers 👍🏻

@Anonymous wrote:
you can cancel an acocunt at any point but you still have to pay the 30 days notice.

So you can call up now cancel today but you will still be paying for the next 30 days.
Done this before with a lot of companies when people move out last minute so the next person can;t rack up a massive bill for the people moving out

I understand that, the information I got from this thread and was told by CS was that they couldn't activate my services until my partner's had ended, in 31 days time, that isn't the case or maybe mine is a rare occasion.

Anonymous
Not applicable
well they can't activate the services until the other account has ended.
But they should be able to end it early. if your partner gave 30 days notice then yes its correct the account can't be activated until the other has ended

@Anonymous wrote:
well they can't activate the services until the other account has ended.
But they should be able to end it early. if your partner gave 30 days notice then yes its correct the account can't be activated until the other has ended

That part I know, all I was stating was my partner gave 30 days notice on 26th Jan but her services are getting cancelled today ready for mine to go live tomorrow, yes I expect that she'll still be paying until 25th Feb but it was interesting to find out that if you speak to the right person or enough of them, then things can be done when originally I was told it was not possible.

Still, I'm looking forward to the new TV 360 UI.

Hi maverick1103

Thanks for posting.

Allow me to clarify this 🙂

You'll not be able to leave and your partner join as a new customer. You need to give thirty days notice to cancel, then have three months no service at the property before being able to rejoin as a new customer. 

This would apply to anyone in the property

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

BFULLER1
On our wavelength

John,

Allow me to clarify it for you. You are completely incorrect. 

You will find that no such policy exists anywhere within Virgin Media. This has been confirmed by VM’s internal Counsel as well as the Executive team. 

Please stop regurgitating the same nonsense, and check it out properly. 

Also, we can do exactly this, me and my partner have done it 4 times thus far - each time we’re given the same nonsense you have just come out with, nonetheless it happens.

It would also be an idea to remove your post - for supplying clearly inaccurate information.

Best,

Ben

Anonymous
Not applicable
VM can refuse service for any reason. If they want to they can just refuse and mark the address as unserviceable. The advantage of being a private company is they can refuse service for any reason.