cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel and my partner join as new customer

silentg1971
Dialled in

my contract is coming to an end and since virgin have zero interest in giving me better deal after 20 years plus with them .

I am rarely at home anyway with work but if my partner wants virgin services and pays for it herself, can she get the new customer deals

230 REPLIES 230

Hey there @fizz, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't find a deal.
Please check this link here to see what we can offer you.
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have done the threatening to leave thing recently & got within a few days of being cut off.

I did not receive any call from any retentions department to offer me a better deal to get me to stay.

Speaking to other people this is becoming the norm it appears; you give them notice & their attitude is adios amigo!

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

.. and, to be fair, you had already been through Retentions and decided that the offer wasn’t good enough. I’ve always thought that a second level Retentions as a benefit of threatening to leave is stupid.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Drakeeey
Joining in

Hello,

I'm looking at cancelling my Virgin Media contract (contract itself expired a few years ago) and signing up again as a new customer. A new customer deal is offering my current speeds for 1/3 of the cost.

When going through the Virgin site, should I select 'Yes' on the question: "Are you moving here and new to Virgin Media?" The current contract itself expired in 2018 (we've been on a monthly rolling since then) and is under the name of someone who no longer lives at the address.

Thanks in advance!

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to get the account holder to cancel the current contract before you can sign up as a new customer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, I can do this easily but I was curious if I could cancel the contract and then set up a new one while the 30 days are counting down so that I'm not without internet for a prolonged period. 

Yes you can. Your connection date should be the day after your disconnection date so you're services are down for a single day - Don't disconnect and reconnect on the same day as it might cause issues

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You do run the risk that there may no more room on the local cabinete, other would be customers  may already be book up to take any remaining slots. It's not likely but the risk is still there.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Drakeeey, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear the account holder no longer lives at the address. As mentioned above, you would need to get them to contact the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 to arrange a disconnection of the account with 30 days notice. 

Once this is logged on the account, you can then join as an account holder. The teams will set the account up ready to go active the day after the previous account disconnects so there will be a 24 hour gap in services. 

The previous account holder will also need to ensure that any equipment is returned to us otherwise they would be charged. As part of the new account you will get new equipment. 

If you need any further help or advice on this, please let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello everybody interesting thread I thought I would give my experience of today.

I'm out of contract paying £71 for m100 broadband, talk anytime and mix TV.

I rang option for on the 150 number and spoke to salesperson who said I could not have broadband and phone only at £26 per month as advertised to new customers.  Salesperson said Virgin media could only do that for £44 per month.

I got put through to the retentions team with the intention of cancelling contract and giving 30 days notice.

The Virgin media rep offered broadband only at £27 per month.

We settled on m200 broadband, talk weekends and basic TV as advertised picture below for £33 per month on an 18-month contract.

Perfectly happy with that and it seems that Virgin are changing their policy somewhat in these bleek times.

Screenshot_20220920-185103_Chrome.jpg