cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel and my partner join as new customer

silentg1971
Dialled in

my contract is coming to an end and since virgin have zero interest in giving me better deal after 20 years plus with them .

I am rarely at home anyway with work but if my partner wants virgin services and pays for it herself, can she get the new customer deals

230 REPLIES 230

BFULLER1
On our wavelength

Hi Roryp123,
Sorry for the delay - had a bit of a time out from the forums. 

SIM cancellation was done. It was done by the VM Exec team, who have all the power, so quite pleased with the result. 

Looking forward (again) to the next price increase which exceeds CPI, and doing it all again! 🙂

BFULLER1
On our wavelength

Moderators - I’ve received feedback (and screenshots) that you’re advising people that if they do this, it “would be fed back to the business that rules about disconnection haven’t been followed” - please expand on this, and what the likely consequence would be?

I ask because your executive team when I’ve dealt with them - quite a lot - are aware this happens, and have have said pretty much “fair play to you”. Equally, there’s nothing in the contract between a consumer and VM that prevents this. 

I was looking at doing this and signing my wife up. After 9 years of being a customer I was paying £74.00 plus there was a £9.00 increase due next month taking it to £85.00. I was getting 125mb Broadband, the standard TV package and talk anytime for the landline. I phoned them on Wednesday got through to their retention department who offered me the same package for £54.00 which I rejected. They then put me through to the cancellation department (which in theory is 2nd level of retentions) they offered me the same package but 250mb broadband for £51.00. Again I rejected this and asked to have my contact cancelled which they gave me a date for.
Today (3 days later) I was called by someone in their UK retentions who offered me the same package again with 250mb Broadband for £39.00 for 18 months which I am happy with as this is similar to having one of the offers on their website.
Hold your nerve guys. 

BFuller thanks for all your advice on this thread 👍🏻

Hi there @Calvr1ch, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums! 👋

I'm glad to hear you were able to find an offer from the team which you are happy with, although the journey to get there may have taken a little while, at least you are now happy for the price you are paying for.
Always feel free to reach out to us here if you need anything and our team will assist as much as we can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Well, my saga seems (so far) to have been completed, my account has now been completely closed down and I have received a small token apology from the Exec Team to be applied to the final bill.
New kit installed today and the account under my Wife's name is now running.
Connection isn't quite up to the posted speeds yet (close) but I believe (from a colleagues experience) that it may take a couple of days to "settle". 
I'll update in a few days with any other info or if anything else happens. 
@BFULLER1, I can't thank you enough for all the information and advice you've given here. 

BFULLER1
On our wavelength

Forum team - can you answer this? 

@BFULLER1 wrote:

Moderators - I’ve received feedback (and screenshots) that you’re advising people that if they do this, it “would be fed back to the business that rules about disconnection haven’t been followed” - please expand on this, and what the likely consequence would be?

I ask because your executive team when I’ve dealt with them - quite a lot - are aware this happens, and have have said pretty much “fair play to you”. Equally, there’s nothing in the contract between a consumer and VM that prevents this. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BFULLER1, 

Thank you for your post and question. 

We would love to be able to give you an answer but we are a little confused. 

Can you expand a little on what has happened and we will do all we can to get back to you?

Thanks, 

Nat

What he's asking about is that I received as part of a message - "It would be fed back to the business that the rule about disconnecting and re-joining has in this case not been followed."
I have not disconnected and rejoined, I have cancelled my contract and another person has started a new contract. The fact that it's the same address is (or should be) irrelevant.
The "rule"'s existence has been consistently denied by the Executive Team as well as the company Legal Counsel as clarified by BFULLER1 having had direct contact with them. So clarification as to why this is still being pushed out by staff is being asked.

@THERADAR73 wrote:

Connection isn't quite up to the posted speeds yet (close) but I believe (from a colleagues experience) that it may take a couple of days to "settle". 

That's true for Openreach based connections (BT, Sky, TalkTalk etc) but with cable you should get full speeds from the first day. 

Thank you for letting us know and I would be more than happy to feed this back.

If you do ever need any help whilst you are with us, you know where to find us. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?