cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel and my partner join as new customer

silentg1971
Dialled in

my contract is coming to an end and since virgin have zero interest in giving me better deal after 20 years plus with them .

I am rarely at home anyway with work but if my partner wants virgin services and pays for it herself, can she get the new customer deals

230 REPLIES 230

Hi happytre3frendz,

Thanks for coming back to us. If you still have an active line with us until June the 11th and wish to port your number to another provider, the new provider will have to request this from us. 

If you then wish to have your original number ported back over to Virgin once you have returned as a new customer, we can request this from your current provider.

This process normally takes 10 days to have your number ported back over to Virgin. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Bfuller!!

Thanks for your comment. Looking to do the same now changing to my wifes name. The 'best' they can do for me is £20 more expensive than for a new customer, plus she can get the TV or £200 bill credit. Seems like an easy decision to me.

How did you get on with regards to cancelling the o2 sim as my wife already has an o2 sim card so we have no need for it.

Many thanks for your help.

For anyone who wants to cancel and reinstall the service in the SAME name and qualify as a new customer.  

Contract ended 15th June

You give 30 days notice on 15 May. 

Disconnected 15 June.. 

Wait 3 weeks and go online and choose your new deal. Schedule the start date 30 days after the disconnection date. (As told by vm employee) 

If... for what ever reason the order doesn't go through, you'll get a nice call from head office saying there's been a glitch and they want to fill in the blanks.

This happened to me even  after the credit check and approving the documents.  

As mentioned, getting a new deal wasn't a problem as the address had no service for 30 days and was reconnected in the SAME name. 

BTW I also took the TV or £200 bill credit as part of the deal. 

230 channels inc. Sky sports , sky movies, bt sport, Netflix, 1 gigabyte broadband,  unlimited home phone , unlimited data sim (free 6 months disney) £85. 

I've ported my number from another provider , cancelled separate Netflix which has knocked £30 a month off so £55 a month compared to the basic package last time which was £50. so for the extra £5 I get sky sports, sky movies and unlimited land line. More mobile data, Much faster broadband... Oh then a TV or £200. 

What's not to like 

Does anyone know what happens to the Virgin Media broadband boost when you have an O2 contract too if you leave Virgin and partner signs up?

Is your partner still eligible as obviously, they are in the same household etc and the O2 broadband boost will have been removed as I would not have a contract with Virgin anymore

Hi @silentg1971,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

You would be able to keep the broadband boost as you only need to live at the same address for Volt benefits to be applied but you would need to register again as the boost would be removed, when you leave but you would just need to register again and the boost would be added once more.

Regards,

Steven_L

When you say register again, do you mean with O2 or Virgin?

Thanks

Register via the My O2 app for the Volt benefits 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Fatpob
On our wavelength

So to get a "new customer deal" I have to leave for 30 days.

• Does this mean if I give notice today 1st august
  • get disconnected on 1st september
  • and rejoin on 1st of October

I can get a dongle or suchlike for 30 days if need be - don't watch normal telly anyway so not a loss, just loss of some TiVo saved shows.

Hi there. Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry you're considering leaving. You can get a dongle but you'd have to purchase this separately.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

It is ridiculous that as an existing customer the best deal I was offered was 800 pounds a year more for less services and no mobile sim in comparison to top volt package...however working from home I cannot be without Internet and my home securiry needs web to and there is nothing really short term that can fill the gap.

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Modem Mode