cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel TV and phone package, broadband only

Segovia123
Tuning in

I am contemplating cancelling my TV and Phone service; however, I'll only be saving £24.00 per month if I keep 200Mb broadband, saving £30.00 per month if I opt for 100Mg broadband. Anyone else gone down this path.  From what I can see all the channels on the basic TV package are already included in Freeview. 

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TV channel listing by package is available at the bottom of this page - Mixit is broadly comparable to Freeview, but a VM TV box includes the additional recording facilities.

Pricing can be account-specific and you'll need to call in to discuss your individual package. Be aware that the landline service does attract substantial bundle discounts, even if you don't use it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

machineghost
Rising star

What is your total cost for what total set of services? It would be easier to give advice

I think it is currently £74.00 a month 

TV, 200Mb Broadband and Phone which we very really use 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which TV tier, and does that include any add-ons?

£74 would be the right ballpark for a low or mid-tier TV with M200 & weekend phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Segovia123,

Thank you for your posts. If you're looking to adjust your package to reduce your costs then I would recommend reaching out to our retentions team on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) who'll be able to confirm our current offers and options with you. I'm afraid we're unable to make any package changes from here on the forums.

Be sure to let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I did speak to someone after a 5 hour wait on WhatsApp, they offered me more stuff that I don't need for £2.00 per month discount

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Segovia123 wrote:

I did speak to someone after a 5 hour wait on WhatsApp, they offered me more stuff that I don't need for £2.00 per month discount

So your end price was cheaper than what you're paying now, and you got some freebies thrown in for good measure? Seems like a good result to me.

I cancelled my TV package in December & was told to call back this month to get a new discounted price..

I have M100 broadband & a landline (which hasn't had a phone connected to it for over 2 years!) the best price offered was £45 pm, original price was £51

I know of 2 other people who have done the same recently & they are both paying around £30 per month for a faster broadband, they are, as I am, long standing customers (since it was NTL).

If I decide to go elsewhere for broadband how long is my email address active before it is shut down (I have a lot of people/companies to advise of email change!)

Thanks, that's what I am hoping to achieve. I don't see the point in paying £30.00 per month for more or less what I can get for free on Freeview 

I may try the 100MB at a lesser cost and see how it goes, too be honest I am paying for 200 but I don't get anywhere near that speed 

J