cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Contract

DanWag
Joining in

Hi Whoever @Virgin,

I am absolutely at the end of my tether - let me start by saying I work from home and require reliable broadband for my daily role. I have contacted Virgin via complaints team twice now the first time I just got fobbed off the second time is now two weeks ago (replying to the original thread) and to date I have not even had a response. I work in the ethernet transmission business within technical support so I have a fair idea on this subject. In short the router is the issue I have previously sent screenshots where the wifi bounces up and down on download within even 1 to 2m of the router down to 0.01Mbps then back up again, sometimes the upload is very much more than the download, which should never be the case in asymmetrical home broadband situation. Any hardwired RJ45 connected device is fine. SIMPLE FIX - JUST SEND A NEW ROUTER OUT!!!!!!!! I have requested this on many occasions -no joy!!!  To add further to the issue I cannot now get catchup on my second box (presumably down to the sh!t wifi connection) with two error codes of CS2505 & CS3500. Then I try to access my online account this morning which obviously knows I am an existing customer and the Virgin sign has been spinning for longer than 2hrs and wont let me in. All in all having been a SKY customer for 18years previously with no issues and this being only my second year with Virgin I can honestly say I will never ever use your services again absolutely terrible equipment and service. My contract is due for exit in November 2022 - I wish to exit with immediate effect without any penalty charges due to all of the above. Can someone from Virgin cancellations contact me as soon as possible to start this process.

Br

Dan

4 REPLIES 4

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @DanWag, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you have been having issues with your broadband which has made you want to cancel. Apologies also for the way your complaint has been handled. This is certainly not the level of service we would expect you to have.

While I am unable to process account cancellations via the forum I will be more than happy to discuss the complaint side of this with you to work towards a resolution you are happy with. 

So I can assist further I am going to send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Dan,

Sorry to see the issues you are experiencing.

There is a pinned post at the top of the forum advising of issues with the VM site <<< here >>> 

I'm afraid I can't see your original thread where you were fobbed off. According to the forums this is your first post. I was hoping to see any responses and also any broadband stats so I could try and offer help to  your good self.

CS2505 is a TV error code which means your network connection is too slow. You say the RJ245 connections are fine, so this would seem to be a wifi connection. Have you split the wifi 2.4G and 5G bands? I generally find the 2.4G signal, although slower is stronger, especially for connecting with the TV sett op box. Have you fine tuned the wifi channels?

What is the sequence of lights on the hub, and also the TV set top box when both the errors occur?

The CS3500 error is also a TV error code relating to the wifi connection.

With both errors you should check your cabling, especially the white coaxial are snug and tight and free from kinks.

Also use the Check Serice Status at the top of the page, and if nothing is showing call the automated Service Status number 0800 561 0061. This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

A new router won't fix the problem if it's a signal issue.

You should set up a BQM (broadband quality monitor, and also post your hub stats in the broadband forums. This will assist the excellant forums guru's to help you.   Instructions for posting network logs and BQM in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.

Don't login, instead below there click on Check Router Status

From the Router Status page copy/paste as text 3 FULL sets of data onto here (not photos)  – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. 

You could also set up a BQM monitor  at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you can post the link straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@DanWag Alternatively you could just send a cancellation notice by text - scroll down this page for the number.  This is something new - include your name, account number, instruction to cancel and the date that is to run from.  If you use that let us know how you get on, as this is a new thing for VM.  Maybe it will work simply and painlessly....maybe it won't.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well spotted. Potentially saves sending a sheet of A4 to Sunderland.