Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sign in to my virgin media

jameshadfield
Joining in

I'm unable to sign in to my virgin media account, getting the following error: 

IMG-20220928-WA0006.jpg

According to the network tab, it's the check-registration-status call that is 500-ing..

This is particularly frustrating as I need to sign in in order to fix another issue that I am having with GitHub being inaccessible over SSH, thus meaning I need to disable websafe as detailed in this post:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/GitHub-inaccesible-over-SSH/td-p/3816287

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jameshadfield,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been unable to sign into your account to disable websafe. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. Just to confirm, when last were you able to log in? Do you get this issue on multiple devices and browsers? Also, have you tried clearing cookies and cache in your web browser to see if the issue persists? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I have never been able to login. Tried from multiple devices and cleared cookies etc.

Thank you for letting us know @jameshadfield. Did you register your account as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/register? If so when? Did you get the verification email? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

So I'm pretty certain we never got the verification email/it was never clicked (we're signed up with my partner's email address), when we try to go through the registration we get this  (email address removed in screenshot for privacy after getting the response):

Screenshot_20220929-152909.png

Thank you for letting me know @jameshadfield.

In this case, I am sending you a private message to further look into this. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team