cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register

LisaWilkes
Tuning in

Having trouble registering for My Virgin with the email being used for a previous account.

I'm guessing I could just use a different email address but Virgin have already been sending emails to the one we stated would be used so would like to keep to that one.

Please advice how to go forward, Thankyou L. Wilkes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LisaWilkes wrote:

Having trouble registering for My Virgin with the email being used for a previous account

Was that previous VM broadband account in your name and that email account the primary address on a now closed VM broadband account?

If so, VM do have what they refer to as a "Move and Transfer" process that transfers all email address on the old VM account over to the new broadband account. If the old and the new broadband accounts are both in your name it should be a straight forward process for VM to do that for you.

It gets more complex and indeed is probably not possible if the two broadband accounts are in different names or if the previous VM broadband account is still live.

One of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this  forum) should be able to check out whether that is possible in your case. They will contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LisaWilkes wrote:

Having trouble registering for My Virgin with the email being used for a previous account

Was that previous VM broadband account in your name and that email account the primary address on a now closed VM broadband account?

If so, VM do have what they refer to as a "Move and Transfer" process that transfers all email address on the old VM account over to the new broadband account. If the old and the new broadband accounts are both in your name it should be a straight forward process for VM to do that for you.

It gets more complex and indeed is probably not possible if the two broadband accounts are in different names or if the previous VM broadband account is still live.

One of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this  forum) should be able to check out whether that is possible in your case. They will contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

aaronhunter006
Joining in

I have the same problem I can't register my account no matter what I do 

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @LisaWilkes, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you have been unable to log into your online account due to the email being associated with your previous account. As @coenoby has advised we can certainly do a move and transfer process to move the email from the previous account to this new one.

I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi there @aaronhunter006, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you are also unable to access your online account. Just to confirm are you also unable to register due to your email address being associated with an old account?

If so, as advised above I can help you process a move and transfer with this email to ensure it is associated with your new account. Please let me know if this is the case so I can assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi yes I had a account before and become of that I can't register my account 

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @LisaWilkes, I'm happy to report that this has now been escalated to our IT team who will aim to have the issue resolved ASAP.

If you need anything further in the meantime please feel free to give us a shout.

Regards

Nathan

Sorry to hear that this is preventing you from creating an online account with us @aaronhunter006

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details over via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Same here. I'm a new customer. I find this mentally disappointing. I can't find any help or answers. I'm going mad.

Please help

Sorry to hear that you're also having issues preventing you from creating an online account with us @Sandhu85.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details over via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L