cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t register virgin media account

Bonza
Joining in

Hi

i recently signed up for Virgin media and phone and have received emails inviting me to register a Virgin Media account online, but am unable to. Whenever I enter my details and select continue it simply returns back to the same screen and asks for the details again. I have not been able to get beyond the first screen despite numerous attempts. 

I would be grateful for any assistance with this.

many thanks

306 REPLIES 306

Hi, brt1919

I've responded to your own thread, let's keep the conversation there  🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Me too,
I am very frustrated trying to register for an online account to track my order.
I have tried online chat, there is just robot
I have tried to contact the shop, the phone can never be connected
I have tried to dial the telephone but never been able to be connected
I have just have my mobile phone changed and the delivery may not be able to contact me, help please!!!

Hi jeaniengan,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community 🙂

Do you get any error messages when trying to register?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

ReillyGreg
Joining in

Hi,

I've now had my services installed for over a month yet still can not register my account. The fact that customer services just hang up when nothing works for them doesnt help. 8+ phone calls later and multiple devices and browsers i still cant register. Beyond a joke that a compamy like Virgin cant have some basic IT infrastructure. Can someone solve this for me please.

Thanks

Good Afternoon ReillyGreg,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forum and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with registering for your self-care account,

I'd be happy to take a look into this for you. check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for the screen for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

Thanks for your forum post!

Let's get into the account to see if we can solved this for you!

My office hours this week are Monday to Friday, 8am until 4pm, so we have plenty of time to work on this together

Can you please advise me of the full name of the account holder and confirm if you are the account holder?

I'd also need to take the door number and the postcode of where the services are installed?

Please could you advise me of characters 1, 3 and 5 from the pass phrase on the account?

Can you tell me what kind of error messages you have coming up on the screen when trying to process the registration?

Kindest regards, David _Bn

On behalf of .

It won’t accept the password then when I change it it won’t accept username or password! I’ve tried a talktalk, Hotmail AND a virgin email address. None work. I’ve rang customer service who are useless & said they’d ring back again between 2 & 24 hours. That was over 2 weeks ago & im still waiting. I’ve emailed your CEO, Lutz Schuler, & had a reply from Raeef Hasan, ensuring me it would be passed to one of his team. That was 4 weeks ago! 

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @hypohead

Thanks for popping back - so sorry that you're still having this issue. 

It should be a simple fix; I have located your account so I'll pop you a Private Message so we can go through security and help you out 🙂 

Please look out for a Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Glad that we were able to get things sorted out for you with your online account @

hypohead

If you need any further help with anything at all, please do not hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be more than happy to help you out. 

Cheers!

Katie - Forum Team

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone from the support team can help me. I have exactly the same issue as described by SJITW, rmoles, redo and tommy4q etc. When I try to register for a virgin media account by entering my name, account number, area reference and clicking 'Register' the page simply reloads. This happens on all my devices, whether using the wifi or tethering to my phone.

I have tried to explain the issue over the phone but the call centre don't seem to acknowledge this issue.

Please could someone message me? Thanks in advance