cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t register virgin media account

Bonza
Joining in

Hi

i recently signed up for Virgin media and phone and have received emails inviting me to register a Virgin Media account online, but am unable to. Whenever I enter my details and select continue it simply returns back to the same screen and asks for the details again. I have not been able to get beyond the first screen despite numerous attempts. 

I would be grateful for any assistance with this.

many thanks

306 REPLIES 306

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rmoles, sorry to hear this. Do you get any specific error message when this happens? Have you been able to try a different device/browser to see if you get the same problem?

Tom 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies SJITW. Based on what you've told us it's probably best we take a look from our end at this stage to see if we can identify what's causing this. 

I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom

Hi Tom_F thanks for replying. SJITW described the exact situation that I am facing. I have tried across multiple devices and browsers.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

OK thanks for confirming. I can appreciate your frustration with this. I'll send you a PM as well and we'll take it from there. 

Tom

Alexanderdon
Joining in

I am having the same trouble.

I am a new customer. I want to change the date of my installation and am told to register for my virgin media to do this. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Hi Alexanderdon
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

BalRe01
Joining in

I have been having the same problem as many of the people on here. My equipment was installed weeks ago and I still can’t register for an account. I get to the screen where I can select to turn on the child safe settings etc, then I get a message to say that I cannot register for an account right now. I have phoned customer service three times and they just keep telling me that my account isn’t live yet?! It clearly is because I am using all the services and it was installed by a Virgin technician weeks ago! I have used Virgin Media online before and have never had this problem previously when trying to register when I had the services before. I can’t view my bills online, I can’t schedule recordings or use any of the apps included with Virgin Media. Please can somebody help me!

1C9A4491-72E8-490C-9D34-C11F879E93EA.png

9483AD95-7AE9-4E9C-B2E8-8C32759CFEE4.png

Hi BalRe01,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues registering. I'll go ahead and send you a quick PM as it maybe an IT ticket needs raising.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

brt1919
On our wavelength

Hi BalRe, have you had any joy with getting this resolved?  I've got the same problem following a change of name (https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Changing-Account-Name/td-p/4045005)

Thanks