cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t register virgin media account

Bonza
Joining in

Hi

i recently signed up for Virgin media and phone and have received emails inviting me to register a Virgin Media account online, but am unable to. Whenever I enter my details and select continue it simply returns back to the same screen and asks for the details again. I have not been able to get beyond the first screen despite numerous attempts. 

I would be grateful for any assistance with this.

many thanks

306 REPLIES 306

Hi,

I've tried incognito and via a completely different browser, neither works.  I get to the following:

Please check your inbox and confirm your email address by clicking the ‘verify my email’ link.

Can’t find our email? Make sure you check your spam or junk folder.

but nothing arrives (and ive checked spam, junk folders).  Trying "forgot my password", the email takes around 10 minutes to arrive, then it just says the link has expired.

The first time I tried it I got to the 'set-up password', but it would accept any passwords i tried. Since then, I'm getting nowhere. Help please!

Thanks for your reply, sorry to see that doing this has still not worked 😔

I will be happy to take a look at this further for you, I'll send you a PM so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

liftedfinger
Tuning in

Hi,

I also have this issue.  I cannot sign up for my virgin media.  My installation has been active for a week now and I had the welcome email telling me to sign up about a month ago.  I reported the problem 2 weeks ago.
I am posting here because doing online chat hasn't resulted in a fix, and phoning customer support has not resulted in a fix
I am now scared that it will never work, which is why I am now trying here rather than waiting any longer, as I have read on this thread about people waiting months, and even one person who still can't sign up after a year.

Online chat told me I have a ticket number P011881313.

Below is a screenshot of the continued error.
I have tried edge browser, chrome, different email address, clearing browser cache and incognito mode.

Please help.  Thanks.

2023-04-12 09_19_00-Register My Virgin Media Account _ Virgin Media.jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @liftedfinger 

The app is asking for your last name - your screen shot shows you are entering your forename and surname.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Oh dear, I'm sorry, thank you so much for replying.  Slightly embarrassed, my brain just did not see that. 
I've got passed that screen now.

I'm currently waiting for a new verification email, as the first one said it was expired even though I clicked on it as soon as it came in.

I am registered now.

Again,  I sincerely apologise for missing that and thank you so much for spotting it and responding so quickly.

Amazing.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @liftedfinger 

That's brilliant news, thanks for updating the thread.

Sometimes it's the obvious things that are missed and we are all guilty of that.

Any other problems just holler and we'll do all we can to help

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali