cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t register virgin media account

Bonza
Joining in

Hi

i recently signed up for Virgin media and phone and have received emails inviting me to register a Virgin Media account online, but am unable to. Whenever I enter my details and select continue it simply returns back to the same screen and asks for the details again. I have not been able to get beyond the first screen despite numerous attempts. 

I would be grateful for any assistance with this.

many thanks

306 REPLIES 306

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @RodrigoGK 

A very warm welcome to our open forum, Thank you for your post. 

Can you confirm for me, have you already had your services installed? 

Kind regards 

Zak_M

Hi Zak, not yet, I'll self install., meaning grabbing the router and plugin it in.

Should I wait? The instructions don't advise that way.

"What's next?

If you haven't already got a My Virgin Media account, you'll need to register with us, so you can check your bills online. You'll need your account number and area reference handy and you'll find these at the top of this email."

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back to me. 

Under normal circumstances you would be able to before your services are active. 

However we are aware that there is an issue with creating accounts before your services are active. This has been raised with our IT team. 

we are working on a solution to this, in the meantime you should be able to set up the account once your services are up and running. 

Sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused. 

Kind Regards 

Zak Mackett 

hi I am having the same problem to I can complete the registration page but when I try to create a password I am unable to get pasted that page my broadband was installed today.

Same issue here, joined on 28th Feb 2020, still cant register!

hzaman2012
Joining in

I am a new customer for the bigger bundle. 

I have the email with account name and area code. 

When trying to register it won't let me past the security questions page. 

PLEASE HELP. error.png

error.jpg

Can you help with my issue?

Still an issue. Is anyone from Virgin actually monitoring this forum right now?

Nadine1991
Joining in

Same problem here. I want to change the date of instalment but not able to register. The email from VM says: 

''Need to change your installation date?

To check or change the date and time of your installation, register or sign into My Virgin Media and select Track Order. You will need to register first if you haven't already. Got a question or two? You can check our FAQs online.'' 

Surely this should allow to register before anyone arrives to install it?!