cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t register virgin media account

Bonza
Joining in

Hi

i recently signed up for Virgin media and phone and have received emails inviting me to register a Virgin Media account online, but am unable to. Whenever I enter my details and select continue it simply returns back to the same screen and asks for the details again. I have not been able to get beyond the first screen despite numerous attempts. 

I would be grateful for any assistance with this.

many thanks

306 REPLIES 306

I tried on Firefox and Chrome, bot up to date. Also tried with or without filtering the 15+ trackers on that webpage.

HI cannotregister,

Can you register on the following link here to see if you are able too ^Chris 

No, I tried that multiple times already. Your website is broken I'm afraid.

Hi cannotregister

What stage does it bring the error up?

If you could try an alternative email address as well please 

Gareth_L

Hi,

I placed an order for broadband back on the 22nd of June and never received a welcome email until today 8th July, when I specifically asked for it via the text enquiry service. Now that I received my contract and welcome email, my install date has changed from 11th of July to 22nd of July for some reason with no explanation.

Even though the emails now suggest I should register I cannot, as one again it just says my details are incorrect. After waiting over 10 times the estimated wait time in a service chat to try and get a response to both issues, I connected to somebody who didn't even respond to me. After nearly an hour of that I could only really exit the session as I didn't think I would realistically ever get a response. 

Please could anyone offer any advice or assistance into solving this problem? I've seen so many posts about registration issues on these forums without any proper answer.

Thanks,

Joseph_M

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Evening Bonza,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and I'm sorry to see there has been confusion over your install date and the additional difficulty you've had with registering for your self-care account.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hello,

same problem: IMG_20200712_100944_8-min (1).jpgimage.png

I even receive an email from webteam@virginmedia.com confirming changes on the Web Safe settings, but I always end in that page. I complete the Quick Start installation yesterday but trying to create My account for weeks, both laptop and mobile. I would like to have some help.

Thanks,

Francisco Bejarano

Hi bejarano,

to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues setting up an online account ,so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

AaronBaddeley
Joining in

Hi for some reason it won’t let me set up a virgin media account on the app it’s saying my details are wrong??

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post AaronBaddeley and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if your services are active? 

What details are coming back incorrect when registering? 

Let us know, Emily.