cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t register virgin media account

Bonza
Joining in

Hi

i recently signed up for Virgin media and phone and have received emails inviting me to register a Virgin Media account online, but am unable to. Whenever I enter my details and select continue it simply returns back to the same screen and asks for the details again. I have not been able to get beyond the first screen despite numerous attempts. 

I would be grateful for any assistance with this.

many thanks

306 REPLIES 306

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ImranB,

Welcome to forums and hope you enjoy our community and thank you for your first post. 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having the same issue. I am more than happy to help you with this. I will pop you a private message asking for some account details. Just keep an eye out for the purple envelope and we can go from there. 🙂

Many thanks,

Zoie_P

Glitterballz
Joining in

I can't register for my virgin media, have noticed on your forums that a lot of people have the same issue.

I have tried on multiple devices and browsers and I still can't register.

It asks me for all the details including account and then tells me there's been a problem with registration.

Any help from virgin would be appreciated, as I can't see my bills unless I can register.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Glitterballz,

Thanks for your post I am sorry to hear that you are having the same issue.

I am more than happy to help you with is. I will pop you a private message over, just look out for the little purple envelope :).

Many thanks,

Zoie_P

I have tried to reply with the requested information, but I keep getting the message, 'you have reached the maximum number of private messages for now'

For a media/tech company your I.T. is atrocious.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Glitterballz,

Sorry about that. Can I ask if you could sign out and back in to see if that resolves it?

Thanks,

Zoie_P

TeslaX909
Joining in

Same problem here. Tried calling support. They couldn't help me, said somebody would call back in half an hour.. that was hours ago.

Can somebody please help me?

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Afternoon @TeslaX909

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post to our Forums. We're sorry to understand that you're having some issues when signing up for your MyVirginMedia account. 

Have you been installed as yet? 

When you are trying to register, can you advise what happens? Are you signing up using the information exactly as it shows on your contract (check spelling matches exactly)

Pop back and let us know some more information so we can best assist you 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Not been installed.

I received a email saying i could register, setup billing and track my order.

When i enter my account number and area reference i get a message saying you have found my account by my user name is not valid as i no longer have a virgin email address. This seems to be from a previous address.

Then it takes me to a screen with my correct email (not virgin) as my username. It asks me to enter a password and security details. It also gives me the option of setting up a virgin email. When i submit the form it says "Sorry this user name is not available. Please use another username". I want to use that email address (which is linked to my current order). However i have also tried to setup a new virgin email and use that as my username. If i do that i get the screen asking about my virus protection a child safety options and then when i confirm i get the following error...

"Sorry!
We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband."

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Not been installed.

I received a email saying i could register, setup billing and track my order. I was also hoping i could use Virgin Hotspots as i have no internet at the moment.

When i enter my account number and area reference i get a message saying you have found my account by my user name is not valid as i no longer have a virgin email address. This seems to be from a previous address.

Then it takes me to a screen with my correct email (not virgin) as my username. It asks me to enter a password and security details. It also gives me the option of setting up a virgin email. When i submit the form it says "Sorry this user name is not available. Please use another username". I want to use that email address (which is linked to my current order). However i have also tried to setup a new virgin email and use that as my username. If i do that i get the screen asking about my virus protection a child safety options and then when i confirm i get the following error...

"Sorry!
We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband."

Thank you for any help you can give me. Called support who said they could not help but would get somebody to call me back. Still not heard back.

Thanks for coming back to us and confirming all of the information and background to the issue that you're having.

I would like to take a further look into your account and see what is happening with your attempts to register your account online. I will need to do this via a private message, which I will pop over in a few moments and we can run through questions to pass account security, then I will be able to assist further.

Regards

Steven_L