cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t register virgin media account

Bonza
Joining in

Hi

i recently signed up for Virgin media and phone and have received emails inviting me to register a Virgin Media account online, but am unable to. Whenever I enter my details and select continue it simply returns back to the same screen and asks for the details again. I have not been able to get beyond the first screen despite numerous attempts. 

I would be grateful for any assistance with this.

many thanks

306 REPLIES 306

Hi All, 

We are aware of any issues affecting some customers being able to register for an online account. Apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing. 

Please keep an eye on this thread for any further updates regarding this issue. 

Thanks

Lucy_B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

jonny2589
Joining in

Installation was Tuesday. Still unable to register a new account. Seems to be a recurring problem. Can this be fixed asap. Putting in surname, account number and area code and nothing happening

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jonyy2589,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see you're struggling to register your account.

When you try to register the account you say nothing happens, do you get any kind of error message coming up on the screen or does the connection timeout?

If you could try and different browser, and maybe even try a different connection, like using mobile data to rule out that it's not the broadband connection dropping that would be handy.

Any screenshots with error messages added to your reply will also go a long way

Thank you

David_Bn

It either returns to this pageScreenshot_20190712-114625_Chrome.jpg

Or continues to a page stating oops something's broken. We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted. 

I have tried using chrome and internet explorer on a laptop, various browsers on my phone also. Judging by the amount of posts regarding this issue this should be a well known problem and I really can't believe there's no fix in place. 

Screenshot_20190712-115132_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190712-114625_Chrome.jpg

Thank you for the screenshots jonny2589, 

Please can you try and complete your registration on a PC / Laptop as the issue may be to done with loading our website on your mobile / tablet. 

Please keep me posted with how you get on. 

Dean C 

As I have already stated I have tried on both a laptop and mobile on multiple browsers. Nothing is working

Thanks for confirming this jonny2589, 

I have now sent you a private message so we can assist you further. 

You can access you private messages by clicking on the purple envelope which is located on the top right hand side of your screen. 

Dean C

Happening with A LOT of people who are already registered - we can't see our account as can't log in, and its the same for the sky sports app. Just won't let us log in. Have missed a whole months worth of sport via the app. 

PLEASE PLEASE can Virgin actually email those who have an issue - and what the timescales are? Seems to be those who signed up with a non Virgin email address. Football season starts soon.... 

DM me to get my actual email address/account...

PLEASE don't put the same response of "We understand what's happening isn't ideal and we apologise for the inconvenience this is causing, Matthew. We are aware of the issue and it's being investigated. We appreciate your patience" - FOUR weeks + of the same response doesn't help, nor does completely silence - see thread for Sky Sports App too.

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MattP13,

Thank you for reaching out with the difficulties you've experienced, we can certainly look to get this resolved for you. We are aware of certain customers having issues with their online accounts, but there are a number of resolutions we can try.

I'll send you a private message now so that we can clear account security and discuss this further. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael