cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t register new account for My Virgin Media

Slytipple1
Tuning in

Good Afternoon, I recently signed up to Virgin Media last month (now that it’s available in my area) and am awaiting installation next week.

I have tried registering my account for My Virgin Media however am hit with a message when trying to create an account;

”We’re sorry to see you go, now you’ve left us, we’ve  closed your account and you can no longer register for My Virgin Media”

Now researching this issue it appears it’s because I used to have Virgin at a previous address before moving to an area that initially didn’t support it. I had used the same email address and believe this to be a legacy issue relating to that old account.

I have tried mentioned this to support on the phone previously but they said they couldn’t help.

Please can someone get in touch with me on here so we can resolve this issue ahead of my installation on Friday.

Thanks!

28823974-544C-4236-AF12-468317BB3FEA.png

60 REPLIES 60

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @EmilyTee,

Thank you for coming back to us and I do apologise that you did not receive a Private Message from my colleague. I will send you a PM now, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon to help you with your online account query.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @EmilyTee,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Messages. I'm glad that you've been able to resolve your query and you've been able to register for your online account and now have full access.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help going forward. We're here to assist. 🙂

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

F.A.O Ashleigh_C

Please can you direct message me for DPA so account transferance can be resolved with j_kos?

Thank you

M

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mirka_n

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

Can you please expand on the issue you are facing and we will do all we can to assist you further?

Thank you, 

Nat

Hi Natalie

Ashleigh_C was dealing with message 36 from J_Kos, which required the previous account holder - that's me.

I assume I have some account info to verify before proceeding?

Regards
Mirka

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mirka_n,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to this issue. I'll be able to look into this query further for you now. I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

MJLane
Joining in

Hi,

Recently had virgin installed at my new home. First time customer but unfortunately they got my email wrong and so received no emails at all from virgin.

At the installed the helpful guy changed this for me and the change was accepted.

Tried my best to register account but having issues and errors every time.

I’ve looked on here and cleared my cookies and data and tried multiple browsers but still to no avail.

Really need this fixed as well as to be contacted regarding a missing part of my bundle which I had still not received.

thanks, 

Mac.

Hey @MJLane
Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your online account creation, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Hi there,

I am having the same issue in that I used to have a virgin account, and now I have taken out a new contract some months later, I can not register my new details with my old account and have been stuck in a loop

Any help would be greatly apprecaited

Hi Jcrocker, welcome to the community! Thank you for joining the thread to let us know you are having My VM registration issues. 
As the email address is linked with a former account we will need to help you get it moved over to the account with your current active services. Please be aware that this action cannot be undone once done, and you can only have an email address associated with one account with live services. 

I will send you a PM to offer further support with this! We can then return to this thread with an update when possible. 

You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

All the best! 

Molly