cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register for account

sscmills
Joining in

I have been trying to register for my new virgin media account. Every single password that I suggest is being rejected and saying that 'password unavailable'. This includes the randomly generated passwords. 

I also can't find anywhere online that tells me how to solve this problem. 

What do I do?

1 REPLY 1

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sscmills,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're unable to register for an account online, and are experiencing issues with your password. 

We are aware that some people are having an issue with this and there are a few things I need to check with you.

Can you please ensure you are following ALL of the below criteria when choosing a password?

•  Between 8-10 characters.

•  Must start with a letter.

•  Contain at least one number.

•  No special characters.
If you are 100% sure that the above requirements are all being met, can we ask you to try some different password variations? This is because we've had reports of customers being able to proceed when doing this and it's mainly because some choices are too guessable to be allowed.

Can we also ask you to try registering through the Virgin Media app or through another web browser to see if this helps?

If this does not work, come back to us. We will then be able to raise this with our IT teams to manually create the ID for you.

Kind regard Jodi.