cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register for My VirginMedia

MattE1984
Dialled in

As the customer service I've received for the last 3 weeks is frankly appalling and has ended with me being asked to post here I can't be bothered to explain everything again for the 100th time!

Someone from VM please read this thread and tell me when my problem will be resolved and how a WiFi booster was the fix for my complaint.

https://twitter.com/MatthewEwers/status/1589593252935897088?s=20&t=JVhcdQLw0LVbFVf9FA9y-w

63 REPLIES 63

Thanks Paulina,

This has been repeatedly promised so forgive me if I'll believe it when I see it. At least I've got a by when which I can respond to this time rather than my interpretation of vagaries.

It's interesting you say that's not the service you aim to provide when both Rob and Travis have contributed to that effect is on this very forum by promising things "as soon as possible" (not delivered after over a week) or "shortly" when Hetty is out of the office, in which case shortly by any reasonable person's measure was never going to happen. I'd say that suggests it's endemic within VM to pacify someone and move on rather than resolve the issue.

Let's see whether tomorrow brings an actual response.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MattE1984,

Thanks for coming back to me. I completely understand your frustration and I do apologise that you've not had a call back. 

I have emailed Hetty making her aware of this. She'll be back in over the weekend.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good morning @Paulina_Z

As I start typing this it's 08:15 on Monday morning, I think we can all agree by any definition the weekend is over, isn't it?

So, let's play a little game... Over the weekend which of the following happened:

1. Hetty contacted me on Saturday, and we now wait again for next update?
  2. Hetty contacted me on Sunday, and this whole sorry mess has been addressed and resolved to my satisfaction?
  3. No contact from Hetty and Matt has added Paulina to the list of people at VirginMedia who have misled him by promising something which hasn't been delivered?

I look forward to your guess?

Spoiler
It's 3, of course it's 3!

This is beyond ridiculous, I presume Hetty reports to someone at VirginMedia? I respectfully ask they call me with a resolution to the issue and what VirginMedia will be doing to address the appalling customer service I have faced, by close of business today (for the avoidance of doubt that is 17:30 GMT today 13/03/23), not shortly or as soon as possible, or when they get in. By close of business today.

Lunchtime and no one has seen fit to respond for 4 hours....

5 hours... still waiting

7 hours and still nothing...

Hopefully, the people listed as Director of, and Head of Customer Service on LinkedIn are still with VM, as I'm wondering if my next step will be to point them in the direction of this thread.

8 hours... better start writing that email then...

20 minutes, emails ready to go!

As I know I can't post personal details here, I hope initials are ok to demonstrate I'm not bluffing. They are MG and SR.