cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register - don't have details??

lortfort
Joining in

Placed an order for Virgin Media yesterday, got an order confirmation email and the contract details.

Today I got an email saying the chosen date for installation was not available (why was it an option then?) and it had been moved forward to the earliest date.. this earliest date is no good and I need to change it again.

But to change it it says register for a virgin media account, sure. But to register it wants an account number, I've been given nothing besides an order number so far, though if that is the account number without the letters I haven't been able to test because it also wants an Area Reference code - which god knows what that could be.

I've googled and found lists and lists of area reference codes, but none of them seem to feature the area I live - and I don't live in the middle of nowhere or anything, I'm in west London, but apparently not a part on any of these publicly available lists.

The page also suggests the account number and area reference can be found in the welcome email, but there has been no welcome email so far.

Perhaps this will resolve itself when the email does finally come along, but having the installation date currently set for a time when we can't guarantee someone will be home is stressing me out and I'd like to have it sorted asap so I can relax again.

And before the obvious "call the number" - no can do, can't use the phone.

2 REPLIES 2

lortfort
Joining in
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the welcome email has come through now 🙂

Problem solved. Phew~

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey lortfort, thanks for joining our community and help forums! 
A warm welcome from all of us here.

We're sorry to see you were unable to find the account details for your new account with us after placing your order.

If you're a new customer joining us we'd need some time from when your order is received to be processed and the order confirmation to come through, glad to see you've now received this and have your account info and area code at hand.

Please, do pop back here with a new message to let us know how you get on and if you need more help.
Always glad to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs