cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log on online or app

David1981
Tuning in

Unable to register online as my email address is still connected to my old account. When trying I get the following 

We're sorry to see you go

Now you’ve left us, we’ve closed your account and you can no longer register for My Virgin Media.

6 REPLIES 6

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @David1981,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues registering for an online account. 

This can sometimes happen when you try to register for a new online account with the same email address. Can you please try registering for an online account with a different email address? You will be able to amend your username once your online account is active. 

Let us know how you get on and if you need any further help going forward.

Thank you. 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Will I be able to revert back to my old email address afterwards?

Theoretically yes, in practice, who knows?

Bear in mind that the email address is this case is more of a 'username' than an actual email address - so it's probably fairly immaterial as to what it is. I don't think that it even needs to be a 'live' email address

Thanks, will give it a go.

Thank you. Registered with another email address then changed it back. Works fine now. Strange how they keep your old user name/email tied to an old account. Think I had same with sky few years ago. 

Thanks again. 

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello David1981,

Thanks for letting us know this has been fixed 

Should you need anything else at all, pop back on here 

Gareth_L