cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get through to Virgin Media

Rushey
Tuning in

Have phoned Virgin but ended with response saying characters of my password were wrong - they weren't.  Second time of trying to reduce/cancel contract. Last time Virgin simply switched off. Frustrating.

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Rushey 

The security password is the memorable word you set up when you first opened the VM account.

This should have been in the original documentation sent to you. It's generally something along the lines of mothers maiden name, place of birth, favourite pets name etc.

If you don't enter any characters wwhen propted then your call should go into a queue and be picked up by an agent. They should be able to ask further questions to verify you as the account holder, so have bills/contracts handy if you phone again.

If you do manage to pass verification then you an ask them to update the details. If you fail they can send you a reminder through the post.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Found the security password but of course it didn't work. Then call closed down. At least last time I was in touch with a Bot, then a person, then a second person and then nothing. Tried the queue route but that was closed down too.  Wonder what would happen if I tried to open a new account? 😀

Thanks for the response.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rushey,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're wanting to leave our services and that you've had some issues with your security password.

We would hate to see you leave our services. However, if you've made your choice, you can read more about this process on our Cancellation page

Unfortunately, we're unable to process disconnections from this platform. However, if you're still needing help with your security password, we can help with that. I will send you a Private Message to help with your security issue. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch with you soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rushey,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. I'm glad that I was able to help you with your security issue. 

I understand that you're wanting to cancel your services with us. Please keep us updated on how your call goes and get back in touch with us if you need any further help going forward.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Got through to having a WhatsApp conversation with someone who decided they would have to put me through to "Customer Relations messaging team".  Waited over two hours with no response. Apparently an agent would drop me a message. That was a week ago. Given up. Not going through same old rigmarole for a third time. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced Rushey,

Can I ask since posting, have you been able to get through to our team? 

Thanks,

Kain

No.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rushey,

Thank you for coming back to us about your cancellation request. I'm very sorry that you've not been able to get through to our team about this. 

We have a few options that you can use to get in touch with our team to put through your cancellation request. You can call us on 150/ 03454541111, text us on 07533051809, message us on WhatsApp on 07305327112, or write to us to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR4 9EN.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team