cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get a response

Mgm73
Joining in

Been on chat now for hours today and hours yesterday. Phone service directs me to a team who deal with cancellations- waited over an hour to be told it’s not them but tier 2 retentions after all that time. Tier 2 have cut me off saying too busy phone back later 3 times now. I am also on chat as mentioned before since 8.30 this morning- no one is responding or helping me. Do I just cancel my direct debit to get your attention? I think all this blocking and passing the responsibility is designed to frustrate and get people to just give up - I am extremely disappointed by this lack of service and it’s just reinforced my decision to change provider please help me urgently 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Mgm73 

Sadly the Forum Team can't organise call backs, nor can they process regrades or renew packages, or cancellations

The best route is to call 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4 (thinking of leaving) but it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

This should put you through to Retentions (thinking of leaving) however your call may be picked up first by a front line agent. If this happens be firm and say you want transferring to Retentions. 

Retentions are generally based in the UK and do far more than cancellations. They have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents should you wish to negotiate a new deal rather than just cancel.

The text messaging service can't deal with cancellations, unlike the whatsapp service, however waiting times are generall y around 4-6, often linger, due to phone calls taking priority.

If you want to avoid the phone and whats app completely then write to VM

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Be sure to send it by recorded (signed for delivery) and include all your account details.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Mgm73 

Sadly the Forum Team can't organise call backs, nor can they process regrades or renew packages, or cancellations

The best route is to call 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4 (thinking of leaving) but it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

This should put you through to Retentions (thinking of leaving) however your call may be picked up first by a front line agent. If this happens be firm and say you want transferring to Retentions. 

Retentions are generally based in the UK and do far more than cancellations. They have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents should you wish to negotiate a new deal rather than just cancel.

The text messaging service can't deal with cancellations, unlike the whatsapp service, however waiting times are generall y around 4-6, often linger, due to phone calls taking priority.

If you want to avoid the phone and whats app completely then write to VM

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Be sure to send it by recorded (signed for delivery) and include all your account details.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali