cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't enter acceptable password

Swimmingly
Tuning in

I've lost the note of my password for My Virgin Media, and have requested a reset link. However, it's impossible to find anything the system will accept. I've tried:

• Letters (with and without capitals) – nope.
  • Letters (with and without capitals) and numerals – nope.
  • Letters (with and without capitals), plus a mix of numerals and symbols – nope.
  • All of the above, but limited to the minimum of six characters – nope.
  • All of the above, but longer than six characters (though not exceeding the maximum of 64) – nope.

I've wasted a good half hour on it, but nothing will work. How are people supposed to sign in, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Swimmingly,

Thanks for replying.

I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Swimmingly
Tuning in

PS: Just to add that none of the passwords I've submitted contain any part of my user name or email address.

Hi Swimmingly,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Online Account password looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Can I firstly ask whether you've ever been able to login to your Online Account? 

Are you a new customer who is still waiting to be installed or existing?

Just in case, could you confirm if this is for your Media account or Mobile?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thanks, Megan.

I'm a very long-standing customer, have previously logged in (but so long ago that I've lost track of the password, hence the need to reset), and I'm on broadband and TV but not mobile. There's no problem with the email address, which was recognised by the system and I received the reset link safely. It's just that the website seems to want me to guess what the secret and highly convoluted password rules are, and I've failed at every attempt!

Thanks again.

Hello Swimmingly,

Thanks for replying.

I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Mama3
Joining in

I am having the same issue and have tried all the fixes across all of these threads to no avail. Not the best start with a new provider 

Also having the same issue.
This still seems to be an issue nearly a year later

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @rjblakey, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear that you are also effected by this issue.

Can you please confirm if the same happens over alternative browsers, and after cache has been cleared on the browser you're using?

Thanks,

David_Bn