cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create virgin media account - 'You can't use that password'

Hogan
Joining in

Hi,

Just recently purchased a virgin media broadband deal. Router has been received and now trying to login to create a virgin media account for myself. I have entered all details (account number etc.) and then when it comes to creating the account it says 'you cant use that password please choose another'. This is the case no matter what password I chose as I've used all possible combinations. I've also tried on different computers and browsers, the same message remains. Any way to fix this so that I can access/create my account?

Thanks 

38 REPLIES 38

Thanks for coming back to us @Robingram

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for trying that @Robingram.

I have had to log this with our IT support team and I will be touch with you as soon as I have any further updates from the team.

Regards,

Steven_L

rwatson1992
Joining in

Do we have any updates on this? I still can’t make an account.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rwatson1992,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing issue. Before we investigate this issue further, please try the following options:

Please try the following password restrictions when creating the password:

•  Between 8-10 characters

•  Must start with a letter

•  Contain at least one number

•  No special characters

If this does not work, please try registering via both web browser and via the MyVirginMedia App.

Please let us know if this helped or if you're still having the same issue. I'll be more than happy to investigate further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

We have done all this, it doesn't work!

Hi Paulina,

Yes I’ve tried all of this many times. Same issue pops up.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rwatson1992,

Thank you for coming back to me and confirming. In order to investigate further, I will send you a Private Message to have this looked into.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kiyono
Joining in

Hi Virgin media

I am also having the same problem when I tried to register at "my virgin media" but can not register my password.

The massage "You can't use that password. Please choose another." is shown as same as the first posting of this board.

I tried via two smart phones, and two PCs to do this but only to find the same disappointing result.

The installation works of your router are already completed yesterday and I can use the broadband now, so my billing account must be surely settled in order.

It do seem I need your help so please contact me by return.

With best regards,

KIYONO

Hello Kiyono,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the online account issue. I shall PM you now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi Steven L, 

Its been 3 weeks now. Any updates?

Kind regards,