cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create virgin media account - 'You can't use that password'

Hogan
Joining in

Hi,

Just recently purchased a virgin media broadband deal. Router has been received and now trying to login to create a virgin media account for myself. I have entered all details (account number etc.) and then when it comes to creating the account it says 'you cant use that password please choose another'. This is the case no matter what password I chose as I've used all possible combinations. I've also tried on different computers and browsers, the same message remains. Any way to fix this so that I can access/create my account?

Thanks 

38 REPLIES 38

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced Hogan, 

You may have already done this however can I ask does your password follow this criteria?
- Between 8-10 characters
- Start with a letter
- Contain at least one number
- No special characters
 Let us know,

Kain

I have exactly the same issue and yes it starts with a letter, has numbers and no special characters, and although the box says the first password attempt meets all the criteria and has a tick in it, this pop up keeps coming back stating you cannot use this password. 

Finally got it to work, took upper case out and used lower case letters and numbers only and it worked, then received my verification email and confirmed, signed in for the first time, oops theres a problem try again.............will try again later

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for keeping the thread updated. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.

Tried all the above, still no luck

Thanks for coming back to us @Hogan, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details over via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

New sign up here, trying to register for an online account and getting this exact issue....anyone got a way to resolve other then lowers case letters and numbers only as that doesnt work for me

any help would be greatly appreciated

Hey @cooksteve09,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

Can you confirm the password you're using meets this criteria;

8-10 characters 
Starts with a letter 
Includes at least one number 
No special characters
If so, can you try a new browser for me? This has worked for me in the past to solve this. The last thing to try if the new browser doesn't work, try clearing all cache/cookies, auto fill passwords and browsing history.
Regards,

Steven_L

rwatson1992
Joining in

I’m experiencing this problem too.

I have tried all the suggestions above including on the app and web browser and still having no luck.

Any help appreciated.