cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create an account

fuvmiff
Just joined

What is wrong with the Virgin Media website? Whatever I attempt to do, no matter the time or year - the only thing I'm ever met with is ERRORS! It's beyond frustrating. Why is nothing fixed on this awful website? 

Anyway. I'm trying to create an account but every time I type a password it shows up with the same error. You can't use that password. Please choose another. YES - I have followed the guidelines (which make no sense, why would I choose such a weak password?); it doesn't work no matter what I type in. This has been an issue since 2019 (!!!) and still hasn't been fixed. Massively disappointed with VM. 

This is for a broadband account. Not Cable or mobile. 

154 REPLIES 154

Hi I have the same problem.

Please help me, so far every step since signing up has been quite painful!

Hi @Benito3000

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear you're having issues with registering for a My Virgin Media account. Please join me on private message so I can locate the account and pass account security with you, to investigate this further. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I am also having issues registering to VM because of the same password issues. 

Please can someone help be solve this issue 

Hi Carley_S,

I'm also new to Virgin Media as of today. I'm having the exact same issues as everyone else - I'm not able to create an account with Virgin Media as it keeps prompting me to choose another password. I've tried some of the suggestions posted earlier and no luck I'm afraid - have tried multiple different words of complexity. Unfortunately, all give me the same result.

Please can you help me.

NL4
Joining in

Hi

I have the same problem. I need to postpone the delivery of my stuff - which I can only do from the app apparently - which I can only access if I have an account - which I can't create without a password - which is not working, like the others posted. 

Problem is that someone from your team told me I need to wait for my services to be activated to create my account - but I'm guessing the services won't be activated if the box is not delivered...  Just going circles.

This is incredibly painful, can you please help ? 

MeLi80
Joining in

Dear Forum Team,

I need help as well. Same story: The passwords I choose are perfect in length, strong etc - but "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

I have tried different passwords and I am setting up as a new client...

So could you get in contact with me via PM?

Kind regards!

Hi, please dm me. I'm having the exact same issue. 

Hi @Tomwiltshire17,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're facing some issues registering for a My Virgin Media online account. Would you mind confirming for me what steps you've performed thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @acortez,

I can see that you've made another thread regarding this issue which one of my colleagues has already responded to. We'll assist you further from there going forward.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @zach_r

Ive tried various passwords, various devices and various internet browsers and I am still having the same error.

is there anyway around this ?