cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create an account

fuvmiff
Just joined

What is wrong with the Virgin Media website? Whatever I attempt to do, no matter the time or year - the only thing I'm ever met with is ERRORS! It's beyond frustrating. Why is nothing fixed on this awful website? 

Anyway. I'm trying to create an account but every time I type a password it shows up with the same error. You can't use that password. Please choose another. YES - I have followed the guidelines (which make no sense, why would I choose such a weak password?); it doesn't work no matter what I type in. This has been an issue since 2019 (!!!) and still hasn't been fixed. Massively disappointed with VM. 

This is for a broadband account. Not Cable or mobile. 

154 REPLIES 154

Hey @Goose15, thanks for the post and welcome to the Virgin Media forms!

So sorry to hear you're facing issues with the 'My Virgin Media' - I can only assume the nightmare you've had so far. But not to worry I am here to help.

We will continue this in a private conversation - watch out for the purple envelope. 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

After 2 months i finally had IT call up after ringing again this morning and having another ticket raised.

Apparently my email address had already been registered on an account previously that was closed and no longer active, I asked why they hadn't disassociated any details especially in respect to GDPR as that account would have been at least 8 years old. They said its just procedure. They then sent me a new link

https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index

I registered with a different email address (which i tried before) but it worked this time with this link

Now that its sorted for me, i wanted to try and help the rest of you and asked if they could let me know the issue, all they said was that its an ongoing issue, IT have not told them a time frame for it to be fixed and they are dealing with these requests 1 at a time. So it took me 2 months to get where i am and i had posted in this forum, chatted multiple times on the phone and via text, and tweeted the main Virgin Media account and they finally sorted something out

There is no further information available apart from that and i hope that it does help some of you!

felixqxz
Joining in

Hi,

I have the same problem when registering. I have installed wifi and tried multiple combinations of passwords which all failed. Can someone help me please?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi felixqxz, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues registering for an online account, we will be able to help. 

Could you please try the following for me? 

• Another browser/device
  • Clear Cache and cookies
  • Registering your account via the My Virgin Media app

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks, 

Nat

paulsfitz73
Joining in

Hopefully this will help people in some cases. 

- Firstly I was an old member of Virgin Media (VM) some years ago, this may have had a bearing. 
- Secondly, I already have Virgin Mobile (VMob) on the same email address that I signed up for VM on - I am 99% sure this messes with VM's head too much and causes issues. 

However,

1) I usually use Chrome - BUT, I opened up an Edge browser and went to /myvirginmedia
2) I chose to use a completely different email address I have - not previously known to Virgin in any way and most importantly NOT the same as the one I signed up for VM or VMob with. 
3) The site asked me to confirm Last Name, Account Number and Area Code
4) The site asked me to create a password
5) Site sent me a verification link to the NEW email address, not the one I signed up to VM with 
6) I was able to login and fill in Profile information 
7) I was able to update the Contact Email address BACK to the one I wanted, the one I signed up to VM with. 

Hopefully this helps a few people 

Hi @paulsfitz73

Thank you so much for your post and for providing tis information this is very useful for future users of the forums and we are so grateful to you for including it. 

Please do pop back to the forums in the future should you ever need any help and we will do all we can to assist. 

Thanks again. 

New customer here and having same issue, I am suppose to have equipment delivered today but as of yet nothing and now this rubbish of you can't use that password. Basic stuff virgin and not a good start for a new customer.

Tried 3 different browser 2 of which are fresh installs so dont feed me the  rubbish of clear my cache and history. Fix your shiz.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Nabster,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the wait on your parcel.

Do you have an old account with us? With the email you are using now?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I was with ntl but that that's got to be 20+years ago and don't ever recall being with virgin before.

Just gone through forgot password login just in case my memory playing tricks and none of my emails exist on your system.