cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create an account

fuvmiff
Just joined

What is wrong with the Virgin Media website? Whatever I attempt to do, no matter the time or year - the only thing I'm ever met with is ERRORS! It's beyond frustrating. Why is nothing fixed on this awful website? 

Anyway. I'm trying to create an account but every time I type a password it shows up with the same error. You can't use that password. Please choose another. YES - I have followed the guidelines (which make no sense, why would I choose such a weak password?); it doesn't work no matter what I type in. This has been an issue since 2019 (!!!) and still hasn't been fixed. Massively disappointed with VM. 

This is for a broadband account. Not Cable or mobile. 

154 REPLIES 154

Hi Okenyon,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Online Account looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Could you first tell me what error message pops up when you try to create your password please? 

Can you also just confirm that you are trying to register for the Online Account and not something else? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

hannah9321
Joining in

I am having this issue. Can somebody help please? 

Hi hannah9321,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for any issue you're having with the account registration. 

I am happy to help with this. I will private message you now. 

^Martin

I am also having difficulty registering an account. I have followed the advice with regards to setting a password but nothing has worked. 

Please can you advise? 

Hey Luff78, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear you are having some issues setting up an online account.

Try a different password. Certain things are too guessable to be allowed. No special characters, only letters and numbers, MUST begin with a letter, try keeping it between 8-10 characters.

Please do keep me updated on this. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Yes, I have tried the advice posted above, including the change of passwords, using 10 characters, etc etc. 

Nothing seems to work. 

No problem thank you for letting me know.

Please can you post / tell me what error is coming up when you try this?

Also have you tried to do it on a different browser? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Bruffell06
Tuning in

I'm also having the same issue if somebody could message me.

Hey Bruffell06,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with creating your online account, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Patrick1995
Joining in

Same issue I'm having. The page always says "Verification expired". I've tried to register with my laptop and same issues run over and over. Can someone help me with this?