cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create an account

fuvmiff
Just joined

What is wrong with the Virgin Media website? Whatever I attempt to do, no matter the time or year - the only thing I'm ever met with is ERRORS! It's beyond frustrating. Why is nothing fixed on this awful website? 

Anyway. I'm trying to create an account but every time I type a password it shows up with the same error. You can't use that password. Please choose another. YES - I have followed the guidelines (which make no sense, why would I choose such a weak password?); it doesn't work no matter what I type in. This has been an issue since 2019 (!!!) and still hasn't been fixed. Massively disappointed with VM. 

This is for a broadband account. Not Cable or mobile. 

154 REPLIES 154

I also have the same problem.

Cannot register because the system does not accept my password.

I ve done everything correctly.

It is really frustrating.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Anruddha, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting 🙂

I am sorry to hear you are also experiencing the issue when attempting to register your account. 

I will pop you over a private message to confirm a few details and this will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

oaklands2022
Joining in

I am in the same boat as well. Tried numerous combinations as well as the weak password suggestions. Nothing worked so far. Virgin says a ticket has been opened with IT not sure how much that will help. Any support much appreciated

MisterJay
Joining in

Same here. Every step I've taken in the process of trying to register for an account is giving me constant errors. Thankfully if you just keep hitting the confirm button eventually it will accept what you've entered and go to the next step but when it comes to the point of making a password it keeps telling me 'You can't use that password, please try another'. I've tried about 20 now and keep getting the same error, despite the system telling me that all password requirements are met.

I've deleted my cache and cookies, still the same problem.

AlvinYeung
Joining in

Hi team,

I am facing the same issue when creating the account as a new user. Could please assist? Thanks.

I have same issue 

Anonymous
Not applicable

VM's account creation process is just fundamentally broken, or its so buggy that it gives the impression that it is.

The support staff won't help you, they'll take you round and round in circles giving you "advice" about clearing caches, trying different browsers, the VM app, using different links.  It's all just a distraction as none of it will solve your problem.  They just want to send you down enough blind alleys that eventually you give up and stop being a burden on them.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @oaklands2022

Thank you for posting on our community forum

Sorry to hear about this, I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

A WORK AROUND…..

IGNORE WHAT IT IS ASKING FOR, IGNORE CUSTOMER SUPPORT (THEIR ONLY JOB IS TO GET YOU OFF THE PHONE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE SO THEY DON’T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING.

CREATE A PASSWORD THAT IS 8-10 CHARACTERS LONG

IS BOTH LETTERS AND NUMBERS ONLY

START THE PASSWORD WITH A LETTER.

It worked for me.

Never have I encountered a business that was so intent on blocking new customers, and actively discourage brand loyalty.

I am now negative on every Virgin product and will only remain with Virgin long enough to find a replacement.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MisterJay

Thank you for your post and sorry to hear about your message.

Please keep an eye on your inbox as I am going to drop you a private message to collect some details and to look at getting this sorted for you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs