cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create an account

fuvmiff
Just joined

What is wrong with the Virgin Media website? Whatever I attempt to do, no matter the time or year - the only thing I'm ever met with is ERRORS! It's beyond frustrating. Why is nothing fixed on this awful website? 

Anyway. I'm trying to create an account but every time I type a password it shows up with the same error. You can't use that password. Please choose another. YES - I have followed the guidelines (which make no sense, why would I choose such a weak password?); it doesn't work no matter what I type in. This has been an issue since 2019 (!!!) and still hasn't been fixed. Massively disappointed with VM. 

This is for a broadband account. Not Cable or mobile. 

148 REPLIES 148

Hi @NL4,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're struggling to rearrange the delivery and installation of your equipment. Have you reach out to our pre-installation team about this yet to see if they can reschedule this for you? They can be reached on 0800 052 1734.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Tomwiltshire17,

Thank you for expanding. Can you also confirm if you've tried clearing your cache and cookies too to see if that helps at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Floodgate
Joining in

I am having the same problem as others and can't find a solution

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Floodgate, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Is it possible if you could expand on the issues/error you're being faced with when trying to do so? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

I have tried to create an account as I have received my Virgin media box today as a new customer.

Everytime I try to create a password it says it doesn't meet the criteria even though I've done everything it has asked.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will send you over a private message. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

00abaker
Tuning in

I have the same issue. Keeps saying "You cannot use that password".

I'm a broadband customer and my service is active. All the requirements of the password are being met.

Please Help!

I've been having the same problems as everyone else:

1. Met the criteria for password.

2. tried setting up, via different platforms, app, browsers etc (cleared cache etc).

Obviously a major problem and all I want to alter is the websafe conditions!

If someone can get back to me please.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced 94JDH,

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further. 

You can find this via the purple envelope icon.

Thanks,

Kain

Busta999
On our wavelength

Obviously an ongoing issue because I had Exactly the same issue.

Way to go Virgin - how to alienate every new customer!

The workaround I was given was to ignore what they ask for and stick to a weak password, 8 alphanumeric characters.

I have never encountered before a company where they force users to create bad/weak passwords - AMAZING!

But Virgin Media managed to throw many more issues blocking registration, it must have taken an enormous effort to be this bad.

I only need broadband, so as soon as BT roll out fibre to the door I can transfer.

There is a bonus, I never thought BT would the the good one!!

Telephone Customer Support is at the same level, three conversations with them, their only goal is to get you off the phone as quickly as possible and they will tell you ANYTHING to get you to go away and force you to call up in 24hrs when you realise they had done nothing to fix the issue.