cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create an account

fuvmiff
Just joined

What is wrong with the Virgin Media website? Whatever I attempt to do, no matter the time or year - the only thing I'm ever met with is ERRORS! It's beyond frustrating. Why is nothing fixed on this awful website? 

Anyway. I'm trying to create an account but every time I type a password it shows up with the same error. You can't use that password. Please choose another. YES - I have followed the guidelines (which make no sense, why would I choose such a weak password?); it doesn't work no matter what I type in. This has been an issue since 2019 (!!!) and still hasn't been fixed. Massively disappointed with VM. 

This is for a broadband account. Not Cable or mobile. 

154 REPLIES 154

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @fuvmiff, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues when trying to register for a self-care account

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Can someone contact me please, as I can't get passed the most basic registration stage. 

The passwords I choose are perfect in length, strong etc but oh no "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

This problem has been around for 3+ years but not fixed.  Why? 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @bellsquarry,

Welcome, thanks for joining the thread. Hope you are well.

I am sorry for the issue with your password, have you tried using no more then 10 characters/Capital letter/numbers/Symbols? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes.  The password checker says it is strong and it precisely follows the rules which include no special characters.

Thank you for your response @bellsquarry

Is the password one you have used with us before?

If so, you will need to create a different password please.

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I have the exact same issue, please can you help

Hi emmaweaver87,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting. Sorry, that you too are having issues trying to register for an online account with us. 

Can we ask if you have been installed with our services currently? We only ask, as if you're trying to register an account and you have not yet been installed, you will encounter issues.

We always advised to register after your services have been installed. If you have already been installed, can we ask if you have tried another web browser and device to register on? 

Deleting caches/cookies and history will also help. 

Please try the above and come back to us if you still require further assistance. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

I have the same problem, I can't create a password.

Can you please help me ?

Thanks for getting in touch with us here @Scott23

I have responded to you on another thread and sent a private message over, please can we continue getting this looked into via that thread.

Regards,

Steven_L