cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create Virgin Media account

Nasty_Gareth
Joining in

Hi all,

New to VM, I'm unable to create a My Virgin Media account because it's been set up with the wrong suffix: co.uk rather than .com.

However, I can't set up another one, since it persists on telling me one already exists, showing me the email address for the account which can never be verified.

I'm stuck, I can't register a new one, and the existing one is wrong and I can't alter it.

I have mentioned this on the many calls I've had with VM to sort out my installation, but was basically fobbed off DESPITE making it clear that I can't do anything (platitudes like "oh, it won't work until your account has been activated" or "Don't worry, you'll get a new one now").

Anyone else had a similar problem?  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Nasty_Gareth
Joining in

To add some detail to this, this is what I receive when attempting to create a new account:
Nasty_Gareth_2-1657318658925.png

And I can't validate the account set up with my details due to the incorrect mail domain suffix, since it won't resolve, thus:
Nasty_Gareth_0-1657318357899.png

I obviously can't confirm this username, since the email hasn't gone anywhere... ...the @gmail.co.uk suffix does not exist

Hi @Nasty_Gareth

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry for the issue with the online account but thanks so much for providing so much detail. This needs raising with our IT team so I shall send you a PM, get the details and raise it for you 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill