cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create Virgin Media account

Tandoorifoil
Tuning in

Hello, 

I just moved over to virgin media literally yesterday with pretty much no friction which was a first, however when trying to create an account to manage some of the broadband settings, I cannot create a password regardless of what I enter as I am always given the message "You can't use that password, please try another". I've used passwords with and without symbols and numbers just to check but to no avail.

I've read on some of the forums that similar issues exist, but most of the ones I've seen end without any sure fire way of fixing due to private messages or just suddenly stop. 

Additionally, upon trying to use another browser to create an account, I cannot even get past the first stage and I'm greeted with error "DEF01". 

Help would be appreciated,

Lucas

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

The VM forum team usually suggest using the VM app instead 

Thanks for the advice,

Unfortunately it does not seem to have worked. I installed the "My Virgin Media" app on my phone and have again tried the create account option, gone through until password creation to only be told that I cannot use said password. 

Tandoorifoil
Tuning in

Ok so I managed to get it to work after brute forcing a password, from what I did it must be EXACTLY 10 characters long, starting with a letter and containing at least 1 number. I'm not entirely sure what happened but i tried a bunch of ones between 8-10 as some people suggested but it ONLY worked with 10 for me. I suggest to anyone with the similar problem to make a relatively easy password just to create the account and then change it ASAP to something more protective.

Hope this helps.

Ok nevermind, it's just straight up bugging out. My patience is wearing thin and I'm so close to losing my sanity.
What god awful platform is this?
So I use this makeshift password to get an email sent to verify my account, but instead of putting me into a page where I can finalise my details it just doesn't load. To top it off if I try to refresh it invalidates the verification link it gave me (probably a security thing) but it REFUSES to send me any new emails containing a new link no matter how many times I try to click "resend email" or "I haven't received any" option.
THIS SHOULDN'T BE THIS DIFFICULT AND PEDANTIC PLEASE HAVE MERCY MAN

Hi @Tandoorifoil,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're facing some issues with setting up your My Virgin Media online account, and that you're having some trouble doing this via the website along with via the app too.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can have a closer look at what's going on for you. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting the same issue myself, managed to get through the password screen, received a verification link, which directed me to a blank "Complete your profile" page, and stuck now.

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're facing some issues when trying to activate/register a My Virgin Media online account. Have your services been installed and activated yet? Can you also confirm if you've tried using the app yet?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Services not activated no, it feels like a bit of a nonsense and a delaying tactic to say that I wouldn't have access to my online account before the services are activated, since this is plainly expected to work before that stage.

I spoke to an agent on Whatsapp who has assured me that this is because my account is less than 72 hours old, now given the other people experiencing the same problem in this thread, I'm quite doubtful of that, but I will withhold judgement until Wednesday or so.  I think its likely I will cancel my VM services before they are activated in June as issues like this (and the constant fobbing off of customers in this thread and others over something so simple as access to an online account) bodes really badly for any actual service issue that I might encounter once the services are up and running.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming that information, @Anonymous

Unfortunately, the My Virgin Media portal cannot be registered to unless the account has been active for more than 24 hours. In some cases, this can take up to 72 hours. The reason for this is because one of My Virgin Media's core functionality is for Billing, which wouldn't be active until the moment your services are activated.

I'm really sorry about that. Is there a specific reason you're looking to access My Virgin Media before you've been installed?

Thanks, 

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ