cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change phone number in account settings

hotbroccoli
Joining in

The phone number associated with my account no longer exists, and the account screen will not let me change it.

"Sorry the changes were not saved please try again"

I can see from searching that this has been broken for a while, can someone please help make the change?

4 REPLIES 4

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @hotbroccoli

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing issues updating your number in My Virgin Media, we are aware of some customers facing this issue but the number does still show as updated on our side. 

I'd be happy to check this for you via a PM, I'll pop one across now. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

I can't change mine either. "Sorry the changes were not saved please try again"

I made a call to arrange for a technician to update our landline and the last thing they said was they would send a text with the details. I just discovered that the phone number in the account details is a defunct landline number from several years ago, so I'm not sure how they planned on texting it. I'd really rather not have to go through all that again to sort it...

Hi @Stu42 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you. 

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Stu42,

Thank you for messaging with us, I am glad I could get this raised for you and please let us know if you are having issues, or if it goes passed your SLA.

Thanks,

Zoie