cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t change my contact number

slogess
Dialled in

Can’t seem to change my contact telephone number using the app or on the web MyVirginMedia I open account details click edit on the phone number input the correct number press save and just get a message saying sorry the changes you made were not saved please try again.

Any help would be appreciated.

221 REPLIES 221

Hey @Sknjirving,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having, please can you clear your browsers cache and try again to change your contact number?

Regards,

Steven_L

Different VM customer here, we've got the exact same issue as well. Untitled.jpg

Seems to be an issue on VMs side.

Hi IssueResolution,

Sorry to see that you to are having the same issue. Can we ask you to clear all cookies/caches and history?

Also, can you try a different web browser and device, if possible, sometimes this resolves any issues. 

Once you have done this, please can you try to change your contact number.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi, thanks for the reply. We've tried on fresh installs of Chrome and Firefox, same issue with both.

Hello @IssueResolution,

Thanks for trying, I will send you a private message now. So I can change it for you.

Please do look out for a purple envelope, at the top right of your screen.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello, 

I seem to be having the exact same problem. I have tried clearing the cache, trying a different web browser etc but still no joy. Please help. Thanks 

Hi Dsoundy37,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

We can certainly look to help you change your contact number.

What I will private message you to confirm some details so I can help.

^Martin

Hi Dsoundy37,

Thank you for chatting with me over Private Message. 

If you do need any assist in the future please do let us know. 

^Martin

Could someone on the forum team help me with this please.

Just like everyone else I can't change my contact number on the website.

The moderator confirmed via message that the number had been changed. But I'm still receiving text messages to the old number, and the old number is still listed in My Virgin Media. The change does not seem to have taken effect. I still cannot change it myself.