cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t change my contact number

slogess
Dialled in

Can’t seem to change my contact telephone number using the app or on the web MyVirginMedia I open account details click edit on the phone number input the correct number press save and just get a message saying sorry the changes you made were not saved please try again.

Any help would be appreciated.

221 REPLIES 221

Thanks for joining me over private message Avenells,

Glad I was able to help 😊

Alex_Rm

Can I have similar help please, want to change my number and getting the same issue.

Thanks.

Good Evening @Demon316, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

I'd be happy to assist you with this request. Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for working with me via our private messaging function @Demon316.

I can confirm that the update has now been completed for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Emre21
Joining in

Hi, I have been experiencing the same problem. Whenever I try to change contact number, an error message come up as "Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again". Could you please help me on this?

Hi Emre21 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for joining this thread and posting. 

Sorry to hear you are also having some difficulties updating your contact number. We can offer some support with this, we will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details. 
I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi All 👋

Just returning to the public thread to keep things updated. 

Thanks to Emre21 for PMing with me 📩 - we were able to get the contact number listed correctly!

It can take 24-48 hours to show in My VM 👉 https://virg.in/myvmapp whilst our systems update. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. Let us know if there is anything else you need support with. Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi

How do you get this fixed? I have the same issue and have rang VM to amend the number and weeks later it's still displaying as another number that is for a different property. 

Hi @DynamoDan.

Thanks for reaching out with your issue in trying to change your account details. We can certainly assist you there, we would need to bring you in for a private message, please look out for the envelope on the top right of your browser, or if you are using a mobile device it will be located under your profile icon.

Many thanks.

Sabrina

iSab
Joining in

Hi it's the same for me. I try to change contact number on the app, an error message come up as "Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again". Could you please help me on this?