cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t change my contact number

slogess
Dialled in

Can’t seem to change my contact telephone number using the app or on the web MyVirginMedia I open account details click edit on the phone number input the correct number press save and just get a message saying sorry the changes you made were not saved please try again.

Any help would be appreciated.

221 REPLIES 221

Hi Tomm1992,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We can certainly get your number updated to your mobile from our end for you if you're unable to do this online.

I will pop you over a private message and take some details from you. Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

m_mazumder
Joining in

Also seeing this for on my account details, trying to change a mistyped phone number done during setup with no success. Would appreciate the help thanks

sriravic
Tuning in

Hello,

I also am unable to change my contact number. Can someone from the admin team help me regarding this?

Hi m_mazumder, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you here in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with updating your contact number via My VM. We can update this on your account this side with us however I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi sriravic, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community to you too. Apologies to hear you're also having an issue with getting the number updated.

I'll also need to confirm some information with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I also have the same issue, I spoke with customer services who told me that this had been done but on checking today my old number is still listed

Hi Carlisle22

Sorry to hear of the issues updating the information, when did you speak to the team to get these updated as it can take a couple of days for everything to filter through and update?

Rob

I spoke to the team over a week ago

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us with this reply, Carlisle22.

Sorry to read it's been a week and there have been no updates to your contact number so far, could you please tell us what the team had advised on the previous call and if they managed to update your contact info on our systems? Also, have you received any communication from us to the updated number?

Adri
Forum Team

Hi, I was told that the number had been updated, no I havent recieved any further communication on this, can you do this for me?