cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t change my contact number

slogess
Dialled in

Can’t seem to change my contact telephone number using the app or on the web MyVirginMedia I open account details click edit on the phone number input the correct number press save and just get a message saying sorry the changes you made were not saved please try again.

Any help would be appreciated.

221 REPLIES 221

Hi

I'm also having this problem, the number in my account isn't even the landline one and I can't save chanfes, plus for some reason when calling Virgin earlier today it didn't automatically recognise my mobile number, which it has done in the past and as I couldn't remember my landline or account number it took forever to get through to someone.  Can anyone help me please?

Thanks 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi lisap470, thanks for your post on our help forum.

We're sorry to hear of the issues you've had updating your contact details on MyVM online and the trouble you had speaking to our team about this issue.

We'd love to help, allow us to firstly explain that accessing your account over a call or text with our agents differs and works separate from the online process.

Could you please advise how you receive your bills as some info you need to access your account is on there?

Do you currently have online access to your account and bills here?

Lastly, we could help with the online issue since you stated you cannot update your contact info on the account online.
Are you getting an error when trying to process those or does it complete successfully but doesn't save the changes made for you?

Let us know of the above and we're happy to advise further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I just noticed that my Virgin Account contact telephone number is my old work number but when i try to change it I also am getting
"Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again" in a red box

tried 2 different browsers on 2 separate computers.

Hi Steve_Day, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the number and will send you a PM so that this can be looked at for you. 

Kind regardsm Chris.

Hi Steve Day, thanks for the private message and I am glad to see that things are on the way to becoming resolved. - Chris. 

Many thanks for sorting this. it has already changed in MyVirginMedia so this is great.
cheers

cjinks
Joining in

I also cannot change number, can someone message me to help me update?

Thanks 

Thanks for replying to me.

I access my bills through the website and/or App and I'm getting the message that changes haven't been saved when trying to change my phone number, the same issue as a lot of others are having

Thank you for confirming this @lisap470 

Just to confirm, are you looking to change your landline number that is listed on your contract and bills or are you looking to change the contact number method we have for you? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi @cjinks 

Thanks for posting.

I will PM you now to assist.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill