cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't cancel contract as call centre hang up on me repeatedly

Seanhopkinson
Tuning in

Hi, 

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Yesterday I twice called Virgin media to cancel my broadband contract. On both occasions after getting through to retentions, they offered me a different deal and when I said that I still wanted to cancel, they simply hung up on me. On both phone calls.

The live chat wasn't responding either.

I've therefore raised a complaint C-050323237 but it looks like nobody has actually read the complaint as I just received a text today asking ME to call virgin back, on the same number I did yesterday to resolve my complaint. 

I've raised another complaint saying that I'm not happy with this response - as I expect the same thing to happen to me when I call based on my experience yesterday.

Has anyone had the same experience and are they are suggestions on what I can do to cancel my broadband contract please?

Thanks, Sean

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you value your sanity and your time post your cancellation by Signed For delivery specifying disconnection date as per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving

YYou may wish to let Ofcom know all about your experience too https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints/complain-about-phones-or-internet-services

Thanks for the advice. I'll write the letter and get to the post office today then.

Cheers 👍

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Seanhopkinson 

Welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you have not been able to speak to us and that you are looking to give your 30 day disconnection notice. 

If you would like to cancel your contract, you can use one of the following methods. These include; calling us on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other number and sending a written request to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. Alternatively, you can WhatsApp our support team on 07305 327 112. Please bear in mind the response will not be instant, but our team will get back to you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks Carley, I've sent a letter now so will wait a few days and then use the WhatsApp option if I don't hear anything back by then.

@Carley_S wrote:

Hi @Seanhopkinson 

Welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you have not been able to speak to us and that you are looking to give your 30 day disconnection notice. 

If you would like to cancel your contract, you can use one of the following methods. These include; calling us on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other number and sending a written request to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. Alternatively, you can WhatsApp our support team on 07305 327 112. Please bear in mind the response will not be instant, but our team will get back to you. 

Yes, very good but from the OPs and others experiences , ringing isn't am option. Is hanging up on punters official policy if they want to leave? 

The witten recorded delivery letter seems the only way to go. Yes this is the 21st Century  and a company that supposed to be at the forefront of quick communication......

@Mr_K wrote:

Snip…

Is hanging up on punters official policy if they want to leave? 

Well, I doubt you’ll find anything in writing, so maybe an ‘unofficial’ company policy!

Hi Seanhopkinson, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am happy to hear that you have sent the letter, was this by recorded delivery, once received the will book in the disconnection for you.

Kind regards, Chris. 

Seanhopkinson
Tuning in

I've now received an email in response to my complaint (after the original text messages asking me to call Virgin back and me then writing a further complaint having a grumble about how that complaint was resolved...)

This has said that they've actioned my 30 day notice period, so fingers crossed it's done!

Just as well, because my recorded delivery royal mail letter hasn't been delivered after 4 days haha! 

Thanks again everyone for your replies

Hi Seanhopkinson

Thank you for your reply.

I would be happy to check this for you if you would like some confirmation for peace of mind.

I will send you a private message now, please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide