cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add Asian mela package

dips89
Joining in

Hi, 

I joined virgin edia recently and activated everything yesterday.

When I took out the deal online there was no option for me to add Asian mela (or anything else) which I find staggering. I've got a video recording to prove this.

I was then told that I should call up when I get my kit. I did so yesterday. I was told from someone just reading off a screen that the tool which does this is broken. After I asked to speak to a manager, he came back to me and said I had to wait 24 hrs as I just activated my kit.

I've called up this evening (24 hrs has elapsed). Selected the options and the guy said he will put me through to retentions which is strange as I selected the right option to add services.

Retention said I have to wait 4-5 days before I can add anything. When I asked to speak to a manager, he said he can't do that as I have no grounds. Shocking customer service. I wish there were repercussions for these people. Far too easy for them to get away with terrible customer service.

Anyone know the best way to file a complaint?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dips89,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't had a great experience speaking with the team to make an upgrade to your package. We typically cannot perform package changes on here, including both upgrades and cancellations, but due to the experience you've had I'm happy to take a look at what's happened and to see what can be done to help.

I'm going to send you a private message shortly. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks Zach.

I've replied to you but still waiting for a response. 

I was expecting this to go live today...

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dips89,

Thank you for reaching out to me via private message so I could take a closer look over what's happened here and support you further. I'm glad that we've been able to reach an amicable resolution.

If there's anything more that we can help you with, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Aarjay
Tuning in

hi dips, hows Asian Mela channels going? i just joined but not sure which hindi/urdu channels i will be able to get once my TV subscription is activated

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Aarjay 

Details of the Asian Mela are on teh following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/asian-channels 

Looking at the EPG you'll receive all channels between  801 and 829 (channel 816 is available to everybody)

You can also add  Add Asian Mela TV & Talk which includes all 15 Asian Mela TV channels plus 500 minutes of inclusive calls to landline numbers in India, Pakistan or Bangladesh

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

thanks. that weblink was explored before posting my query. as that web page does not appear to be updated as i was told on the phone that islamic channels and other pakistani channels are included but none mentioned on that web page. so some thing is not quite right. 😞

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Aarjay 

Look at the International section  here  /ChannelGuide_July_22.pdf 

The channels listed in grey are the ones available as past of the Asian Mela package. 

The other channels in that section, 816 B4Music,  831 Al Jazeera Arabic, 832 France24 French HD, 838 Islam Channel. and 839 Islam Channel Urdu are available free to view on all packages.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

thank you. Looks like no Pakistani channels are provided. So with regards to Asian (Indo, Pak etc.) channels, i think Sky provides much more. And seven (7) out of 15 channels are marked as HD so I guess besides having an HD TV set, additional payment to Virgin may be required to watch any of these 7 Indian channels out of 15 ?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Aarjay wrote:

thank you. Looks like no Pakistani channels are provided. So with regards to Asian (Indo, Pak etc.) channels, i think Sky provides much more. And seven (7) out of 15 channels are marked as HD so I guess besides having an HD TV set, additional payment to Virgin may be required to watch any of these 7 Indian channels out of 15 ?

There isn't an additional payment to watch those channels in HD, they are part of the addional 15 channels and the cost is already included in the Asian Mela pricing should you take that add on

Dave
The do's and don'ts.