cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Seem to Return Old Equipment

muffintastic
Superfast

Hi, this seems to be a great difficultly trying to send old equipment back. 

First of all, I have now manage to sort her new contract (getting what she's paying for) and decided to go with the TV 360 box as a replacement upgrade.

However she is now lumbered with the old Tivo 500GB model box (Samsung) which she has no use for. I have asked numerous times when I original sorted her new contract out that the CS rep would send the required return box for it, however when the new equipment arrived this returns box was missing.

I have spoken yet again to another CS rep, this would be 7 / 8 times in a row just to get some clear answers. All I want to do is send the old Tivo 500 box back (Samsung) and seem to be stuck in limbo.

I can't do it online either because that model isn't even listed to send back or recycle it's that old. Could someone recommend alternative so she is not lumbered with a fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @muffintastic 

I would either dispose of it at a local recycling site, or use a VM returns package to send it back to VM and let them dispose of it.

You can order the packaging on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment/request-returns-pack 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

muffintastic
Superfast

As in she, my mother in law. *

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @muffintastic 

I would either dispose of it at a local recycling site, or use a VM returns package to send it back to VM and let them dispose of it.

You can order the packaging on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment/request-returns-pack 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for your help.

we has a returns label in the self install pack to return the stuff but i left mine in the back bedroom and virgin contacted me saying they would collect. Then sent another text informing me of date and if that was ok

They came, collected and received email saying thanks for returning the equipment!