cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Register for My Virgin Media - "You can't use that password."

user6
Joining in

When trying to create a new account on https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/, I get to the point where I need to create a password, then receive the error message, "You can't use that password. Please choose another."

From reading other comments on this forum, it seems the error message is a red herring, and is actually caused by using an email address alias, i.e. a '+' symbol in the local part of the email address.

I then tried to register using my email address without the alias part, which seemed to work until the point where I needed to verify my email address. I have requested an verification email several times, but didn't receive anything (yes, I've checked by spam folder).

I then phoned support at 12:00, and the agent said he'd manually send a verification email. The email only arrived at 12:44, by which time the verification link had expired.

Please will one of the Forum Team raise a support ticket for me to get this resolved?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @user6

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the online account. 

I will send you a private message now so we can look into this further for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide